Paxlovid Commercial Excellence
At Pfizer Hospital Business Unit (HBU), we are committed to delivering breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, with HBU impacting 200M patients globally in 2021. In the face of COVID-19, this call is more urgent than ever. Our protease inhibitor, oral PAXLOVID, has been developed at “light-speed” and is currently available under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the treatment of mild-to-moderate coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in adults and, in some markets, pediatric patients (12 years of age and older weighing at least 40 kg) with positive results of direct severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) viral testing, and who are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death. Ensuring PAXLOVID is available to as many patients that need it will require us to work with agility with governments, society, and stakeholders as they combat current and future COVID surges.
The Director of Paxlovid Commercial Effectiveness will be responsible for delivering insights & tactics to inform Paxlovid retail & Antiviral at home strategies. This role will work operate in an environment that requires agility, ability to see patterns, and modeling “lightspeed” behaviors.
The role will be a pivotal member to help execute retail and antiviral at home strategies and decisions
- Translate business strategies into operational plans with aligned objectives, measures across the brand
- Facilitate prioritization to ensure resources are deployed to the highest value work
Lead/manage critical initiatives:
- Manage large scale programs/projects to successful completion
- Manage sustainable change
- Analyze and mitigate risk
The individual should possess a combination of strategic thinking, analytical expertise, project management skills with excellent communication and presentation abilities to help the franchise achieve our patient impact and revenue targets. The role will work with other(s) to achieve the following:
Strategic Insight/US Commercial Excellence:
- The role will be a strategic thought partner to the Retail Strategy Lead & the Antiviral at home Strategies and Partnership lead for key tactics and strategies for Paxlovid which will entail value determination, data procurement, market shaping, developing the right success metrics and KPIs, determining the appropriate channels of engagement for customer entities (patient, provider & payer)
- Enable strategic dialogue with retail pharmacy chains to ensure appropriate patient access
- Lead customer facing deployment strategies for the retail based organization including targeting and segmentation
- Identify metrics and monitor performance and execution for retail pharmacy customer facing organization
- Lead analytic and decision support for retail customer facing leadership
- Enable the right retail data partnerships that facilitate measurement of tactics and strategies and enable optimal deployment of resources
- Partner with the Antiviral at home team to identify and target the right partnerships in the virtual healthcare space including developing the right evaluation criteria
- Lead analytic and decision support for the entire Antiviral at home organization
- Ensure success for key commercial projects and initiatives
- Prioritize and manage workload for an offshore delivery team
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Bachelors degree required/Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in quantitative and analytical commercials roles
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive, collaborate, influence and operate across functions, cultures and geographies within a matrix organization
- Strong project management skills, strategic thinking and experience at driving projects at the Business Unit level
- Demonstrated success in influence/negotiation and proven ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, including capabilities for assessing complex business challenges and translating them into actionable plans.
- Experience representing novel opportunities/brand plans to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated creativity in development and partnership collaborations on innovative programs; use of technology and digital capabilities.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (verbal and written)– thinks & communicates with the audience's needs first
- Innovative thinker who is willing to challenge convention
Other Job Details
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 29, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Additional Job Posting Locations: United States - NYC, NY, Lake Forest, IL OR Collegeville, PA. Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Mkt & Sales/Commercial Bus#LI-PFE