Sr. Instrumentation Technician
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
Sr Instrumentation Shop Tech
The Instrumentation Shop Technician's primary responsibilities are to support manufacturing operations related to equipment, maintain plant electrical/electronic equipment and calibration of instrumentation. Instrumentation Shop Technicians will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Data entry on Calibration Test Records and assisting with calibration scheduling.
- Order parts as required to repair equipment.
- Communicate calibration and work order status with all shifts.
- Trouble shoots and repairs production and plant electrical/electronic equipment.
- Trains peers and mechanics on equipment supported by the Instrument Shop.
- Designs, order parts and installs machine modification.
- Reviews SOPs.
- Keeps current on training.
- Assists with plant audits.
- Makes recommendations on equipment upgrades.
- Designs, order parts, and installs machine modification.
- Reviews SOPs.
- Assists with plant safety programs and safety awareness.
- Promotes teamwork, a positive work environment and an atmosphere that enhances continuous improvement. Actively participates in meetings and projects.
- All other duties on an as needed basis including but not limited to shutdown support and project support.
- Trains plant personnel on all plant vision systems, robots, and serialization as needed.
- Supports the plant in the operation of new equipment that has been installed after Validations are completed.
- Participate in any offered training on new electronic plant systems.
- Assist other departments as needed when equipment is down.
- Be willing to travel for training or FAT on new equipment as needed.
- To work and function in a team environment operating 24/7.
- To ensure all company and Site Engineering policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure all work carried out and equipment installed is safe, effective and in compliance with the appropriate industry standards.
- To ensure all work undertaken is reflected accurately in Work Order documentation and/or up to date Engineering / project information files.
- To be the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - EAMS expert in a cGMP environment.
- To review and approve work carried out to systems and equipment by OEM suppliers, alliance partners, service and construction type contractors.
- To implement all planned maintenance activities in accordance with cGMP and excellence in engineering practices.
- When necessary, review all Maintenance Task Lists, SOP’s and other relevant documentation to instigate the necessary changes post review.
- To deliver training in line with site training procedures, when required.
- To pursue solutions consistent with continuous improvement philosophy.
- Any other activities as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Overall equipment improvement effectiveness
- Analysis and trending of downtime issues
- Facilitating analysis of latest technologies for equipment
- Review the performance and operation of equipment
- Analyze Preventative Maintenance routines and ensure appropriateness and value.
- High School Diploma or GED, Technical education is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience performing and scheduling calibrations.
- Ability to communicate information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated electronic, electrical and calibration problem solving skills.
- Effective written, oral skills and presentation skills
- Previous experience working in a food and beverage, health care, chemical or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Able to pass gowning requirements
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; and lift up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Collects and researches data; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; approaches problems objectively and systematically; draws accurate conclusions from complex information.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Job will require supporting the production schedule which includes certain level of availability on long days, weekends or alternative shifts.
At different times of the year, this position will work long hours for scheduled manufacturing shutdown periods and throughout the year may be required to work late with little notice as need arises when equipment is unexpectedly down.
Limited travel may be required.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for June 30th
Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: NO
Pfizer now offering $4000 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE