QC Laboratory Analyst III
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through August 31 ***
Schedule is subject to change
This position is for a testing analyst in the Kalamazoo QO Rapid Turn Laboratory working on second shift (3:00PM to 11:30PM). Opportunity for schedule flexibility exists as the Laboratory supports business and customer needs on weekends and holidays. Technologies employed in the Rapid Turn Laboratory include HPLC, GC, titrations, Karl Fisher, UV, and general analytical procedures.
Works effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, team laboratory environment to analyze in-process materials, solvents, raw materials, APIs, and/or finished product samples in direct support of the company's production units. Independently performs testing and documents results for qualitative or quantitative assays on samples using techniques that vary from use of standard laboratory equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation. Troubleshoots test methods and analytical equipment. Conducts peer review (record checking) of laboratory data packets. Executes equipment qualification and test method validation protocols as needed. Participates in laboratory investigations as required. Writes reports as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 4 years of relevant experience in quality or compliance required. Candidates with advanced science degrees and relevant experience may also be considered as follows: Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science degree with at least 3 years experience in related field or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science with at least 1 year of experience in related field.
- Technical Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one high complexity technology (e.g. HPLC, uHPLC, GC, etc.) or, with two or more low to medium complexity technologies (e.g. TLC, titrations, wet chemistry/physical testing, water testing, etc.) as required by the business unit.
- The successful candidate must also have demonstrated the ability to quickly learn new skills/techniques.
- High productivity and the ability to multi-task coupled with a low error rate and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate flexibility/agility and engagement in a changing environment.
- The candidate is expected to display good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentification of samples.
- Experience troubleshooting test methods and analytical instrumentation.
- Experience in performing peer review of laboratory data.
- Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science degree with at least 3 years experience in related field or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science with at least 1 year of experience in related field.
Laboratory and office work requiring walking, standing, and sitting throughout a shift. Lifting of items less than 25 kg.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position is a second shift (3:00 PM to 11:30 PM) in the Kalamazoo QO Rapid Turn Laboratory. This position requires colleagues to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business or customer needs. All Laboratory colleagues adhere to safe work practices such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including lab coat, safety glasses, and gloves. There is no routine travel associated with this position.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Quality Assurance and Control