Manager, Accounts Payable Exceptions
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager, Accounts Payable ExceptionsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be supervising the internal AP Functional Leads as well as an external Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider. The position is critical to drive customer satisfaction across Amgen business units through optimum utilization of resources and continuous improvements. The Manager, AP Exceptions will report to the Senior Manager Finance.
- Manage day to day and prioritization of the AP Functional leads to ensure AP exceptions, corrections, and critical issues are being processed appropriately
- Manage invoice intake activities with external providers to ensure no delays with invoice processing
- Monitor the performance of the BPO in relation to AP exceptions; interact with BPO leadership to make improvements to the service level and support structure
- Accountable for driving customer satisfaction through timely and accurate resolution of exceptions
- Work with the team to continually make updates and improvements to the exception management playbook in accordance with the other Service Owners and Process Owners
- Drive decisions related to AP exception critical issues
- Monitor performance against service level agreements; ensure service level agreements are met; improve performance against SLAs
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, regulations and laws applicable to the function
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Procure to Pay experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Procure to Pay experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Procure to Pay experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Procure to Pay experienceAnd
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelors degree in business or any other highly quantitative team
- 5+ years experience in Procure to Pay processes
- Demonstrated experience working with different partner groups in a multinational corporation
- Experience working for a Global corporation
- Ability to lead global virtual teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong written, verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of office tools e.g. MS Excel/MS Word/MS Office/Smartsheet
- Be customer focused and have problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with short timelines
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.