Sr Associate Disbursements
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Associate DisbursementsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work with internal and external clients and business partners to ensure completeness and accuracy of global payment activities and will ensure that the objectives are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Understand the end-to-end Global Disbursements process.
- Perform daily SAP reconciliation with Citibank File Services.
- Review all PosiPay exceptions and take appropriate action.
- Ensure high value invoices are reviewed for accuracy and are approved by management prior to payment.
- Ensure prompt resolution of global payment errors, rejections, and returns.
- Manage Global Payments inbox and respond to inquiries/issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure manual payments requests are aligned with Corporate policy and are appropriately approved prior to payment release.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of month end netting activities.
- Provide second level Global Payments support to Customer Support Team.
- Ensure Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments are met.
- Prioritize job duties according to terms.
- Develop and maintain active communication with internal client groups and business partners as necessary to effectively perform job responsibilities.
- Actively seek process improvements.
- Provide oversight, guidance and monitoring of internal control processes.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Business Disbursements experienceOr
Associates degree and 6 years of Business Disbursement experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Business Disbursement experience
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or closely related field
- Global Banking experience
- Minimum 4 years of progressive operational experience in accounts payable, purchasing, finance, accounting and/or auditing
- Knowledge and understanding of procure to pay process
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP)
- Advanced analytical skills - Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent business acumen (e.g. knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions, and ability to evaluate risk/benefit)
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage complex and multiple tasks
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.