Manager - Global Buying Transformation
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager - Global Buying TransformationLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role, you will be part of the Global Buying Transformation team leadership and will support Amgen's ambition to transform finance capabilities. This is a new role with a team solutioning to deliver a streamlined Global Buying process and act as an enabler for continuous information flow for Finance and for the business.
The location of this role is flexible but is likely to require frequent interactions with the teams based in California and Florida.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Drive targeted procurement-related solutions to address real-time struggles, including procurement standardization
- Partner closely with business partners to drive results quickly
- Monitor business performance to ensure compliance with procurement standards
- Support backlog development of opportunities to standardize, simplify, and automate the Global Buying process
- Ensure all proposed changes are in compliance with relevant controls
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate professional we seek is curious by nature, organizationally and data-savvy, and genuine interest in Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Data Analytics, and/or emerging digital technologies.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Doctorate degree, OR
- Masters degree and 2+ years of experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience, OR
- Associates degree and 10+ years of experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12+ years of experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Procure-to-Pay activities
- Strong interpersonal skills including comfortable working with business partners at various levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexible, innovative, and creative attitude
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.