Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer - Intermediate
- Supplier Quality Engineer drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers.
- Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers.
- Develops acceptance criteria for materials.
- Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues, and field failures.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality, and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Assists in generating component specifications.
- Generate test protocols, monitor testing, issue qualification test reports, and approve components for use in products.
- Supplier Quality Engineer provides input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assists in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.;
- Analyzes incoming material defects. Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.
- Reviews new design specifications and provides input from the component quality and manufacturability perspective.
- Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develop a corrective action plan where necessary.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- BS degree in engineering or related scientific field plus 5-8 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience.
About The Company:
- Our client is a globally diversified healthcare company with a central purpose to help people live their healthiest possible lives. They offer a broad portfolio of market-leading products that align with favorable long-term healthcare trends in both developed and developing markets. Working with this company, you'll tackle a wide array of problems including some of the world's greatest healthcare challenges while experiencing myriad cultures, geographies, and technologies. They are creating the future of healthcare through life-changing technologies and products that make you healthier and stronger, quickly identify when you have a medical need, and treat conditions to help you get back to doing what you love. It serves people in more than 160 countries with leading medical devices, diagnostics, nutrition products, and branded generic medicines. More than 110,000 of us are helping millions of people to live better and healthier, every day around the world.
- If you are looking for a great company to work for, look no further because our client has received an average of a four-star rating from its thousands of employees that have written positive reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed.