We are currently searching for a Parasitologist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and interpret parasitology testing.
- Perform laboratory procedures for microbiology specimen handling and processing, test analyses; report and maintain records of patient test results.
- Work with Microbiology Staff on verification, validation and implementation of moderate to high complexity tests, such GI molecular panels, Blood parasites PCRs, etc.
- Check the positive control and the unknown slides after the staining method is finished to ensure that the result is correct.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and initiate or take corrective action to maintain stain quality, including detection of reagent problem, equipment malfunction or need to replace reagents.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures when test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Communicate and consult with pertinent medical personnel regarding collection procedures; troubleshoot any problems with the specimen or documentation.
- Document all quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance preformed.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Maintain records of instrument failure, troubleshooting and QC.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Inventory reagents and supplies required.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate new techniques; perform comparative studies with older technology; perform evaluations to determine new guidelines.
- Comply with accrediting and inspections agency requirements participating in activities associated with the laboratory accreditation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in clinical Microbiology or MT (ASCP).
- Competence in parasitology testing and interpretation.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.