Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Waters is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. In this role, you will be the point of contact to build, integrate, and support IT infrastructure both cloud and on-premises at our New Castle, Delaware facility and be part of the global infrastructure engineering team. The ideal candidate demonstrates experience with cloud and on-premises technologies, is analytical, open-minded, empathetic, and thrives in a fast-paced, customer centric environment.
The incumbent will interface with business stakeholders, IT teams, and external partners to gather requirements and execute against project deliverables. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with demonstrable experience and high energy that brings innovative ideas to help Waters catapult to the next phase in its digital transformation initiatives.
- Perform hands-on activities creating infrastructure components, performing cloud migrations, or integrating with on-premises IT services.
- Actively participate in architecture design and security governance discussions to help drive process improvements and reduce risk to the business.
- Accountable for day-to-day support of systems and initiatives within the IT Infrastructure Engineering group
- Act as an escalation point for our Help Desk team and share in our 24/7 on-call responsibilities.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Equivalent years of experience may substitute for a degree
- Preferred Certifications: ITIL, DevOps, AWS/Azure/PMP
- 5-10 Years Experience in IT Systems Administration/Infrastructure Engineering
- Strong cloud and infrastructure acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in a technical cloud/infrastructure role, such as a system administrator.
- Skills in creating and maintaining automation scripts
- Deep understanding of current and emerging cloud and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Practical experience managing architectural standards and change governance.
- Results oriented, innovative, proactive with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly collaborative with an ability to influence and reach consensus.
- Experience in traditional practices such as IT Service Management, Agile, and DevOps
- Experience with Azure/AWS, VMware, Windows Server, Storage/SAN/HCI, Backups, Active Directory, O365, PowerShell, Patching, Cisco Networking, Wireless, Palo Alto Firewalls, etc. desired
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.