Field Applications Engineer
In the midst of a materials revolution innovation is moving forward at an unprecedented speed. Over the next decade the rapid advancement in materials will have a massive impact.
TA Instruments and Waters are working together to aid this advancement. Supporting a wide array of markets and measurements to meet the most demanding applications.
Our instrumentation unparalleled in performance, precision and versatility can help you move forward fast to become a key player in the development of these new materials.
No matter the market, no matter the material, no matter the application TA Instruments and Waters will be there creating tomorrow with the tools of today.
Interested in joing our Applications team? Do you enjoy traveling and networking with customers?
TA Instruments Applications Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on TA's product lines. As an Applications Engineer you'll join a team of specialists that are committed to ensuring TA's world-renowned support for our customers who utilize our analytical instrumentation. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines including; Sales, Service, Product Management, and Engineering while engaging our customers both pre- and post-sale. Whether you are running samples, teaching training courses, giving technical seminars, or doing other tasks to support our worldwide business you'll find new and exciting challenges daily.
This is a field-based position that will require frequent office visits to the Applications Lab and can be based in the New Castle, DE or Milford, MA area.
- Provide Applications support for pre and post sales activities for the thermal and/or rheology product lines.
- Run customer samples, while generating reports in an effort to close sales.
- Provide post sales training and trouble-shooting.
- Teach training courses, both lecture based and hands-on at customer sites.
- Provide technical expertise to customers by email, phone, and in person.
- Provide technical expertise for Sales Representatives on site assisting in the closure of business.
- Hold technical presentations during sales calls.
- Teach demonstrations both in the Applications Lab and at customer sites.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related field
- Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant industrial experience.
- Has a keen knowledge-base of the science of Rheology and/or Thermal Analysis
- Knowledge of Thermophysical Properties is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.