Single-Use Engineer - CARR Separation Systems
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is for a highly motivated Single-Use Disposables Engineer r for our Carr Separation Systems division focused on single-use design. This is a position that will require single-use design, Soildworks 3D design and Single-use workflow for disposables that are delivered to customers around the world. Single-use components are assembled in different facilities throughout the United States and shipped worldwide to be put in service with the required regulatory compliance built in the design. The position is part of a team that is working on cutting edge technology for the Life Sciences: cell culture harvest, centrate clarification, cell therapy, human and animal vaccine, harvesting of CHO and Stem cells.
- Mechanical design & drawing proficiency with materials experience with USP Class VI Polyether Urethane (PEU), Polycarbonate, polyurethane, silicone, Bioprene, C-Flex, polypropylene. Blow molding with Kynar. Function Machining methods including precision RF and ultrasonic welding, extrusion process for film manufacturing , heat seaming for our Single-use products constructed at various facilities, delivered to our factory in Clearwater and shipped to various customer sites all over the world.
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Customers, Sales, and Project Management utilizing good communication skills.
- Ability to write SOP’s for manufacturing of single-use components and verifying that all components are particle free.
- Understanding of mechanical principals for RF and Ultrasonic welding used to join thermoformed plastic.
- Design and maintain mechanical design to standards and good practices within the Pharmaceutical and Engineering Team.
- Equipment design in compliance with pharmaceutical standard USP Class VI.
- Tubing and tubing connector design and implementation.
- Tube set filter selection and implementation.
- Ability to generate fixture designs from R&D to production using Machine Design, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Vibrations, Thermodynamics theory .
- Knowledge of ISO13485/ ISO 9001 standards for clean rooms.
- Use of Tappi Charts used to measure the size of imperfections and distribution of imperfections.
- Preferred experience with pharmaceutical single use development.
- Preferred experience in selection of tubing, tubing connectors and tube set filter’s.
- Solidworks 3D.
- Experience with FMEA analysis.
- Experience Class VI Clean Room environment.
- Experience with RF and Ultrasonic welding used to join thermoformed plastic.
- Experience with gamma irradiated guidelines for sterilization.
- Preferred experience with particle elimination and imbedded particles according to Tappi Charts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products: MS Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Excellent communication skills
- U.S. Passport & ability to travel worldwide approximately 10% to 15%.
- English language skills required.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Pharmaceutical or Biopharma Validation Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.