About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Plan and perform a normal range of operations connected with the assembly and erection of company-produced machines. Work involves working from complex drawings and a considerable number of component parts that require skill and care to align, fit, and assemble into units and obtain exacting operating performance and appearance.
- Work from assembly drawings, specifications and instructions to plan work in proper sequences.
- Assemble sections of machines or various combinations thereof as indicated by customer specifications.
- Perform assembly operations to exacting tolerances; work with various types of parts including rotating shafts, gear trains, mechanical structures, and sprockets.
- Use measuring instruments to level and align work, detect and eliminate run-out, work to close tolerances with a demand for square, concentricity and parallelism.
- Detect defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report to supervisor describing in accurate detail to ensure proper corrective actionsAble to read and work from “Electrical Schematics”.
- Able to read and work from “Pneumatic Schematics”.
- Able to read and work from “Blueprints”.
- Packaging machine building / maintenance experience or equal.
- Knowledge of “Electrical Theory”.
- Knowledge of “PLC (Allen Bradley)” “HMI” “Electrical Integration”.
- Able to use hand tools, drills and measuring devices.
- Complete necessary documentation to ensure quality and production requirements.
- Actively participate in team meetings to communicate and help resolve any cost, quality, or production issues.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe fashion
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.