Quality Engineer (Pneumatic Scale Angelus - Clearwater, FL )
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Pneumatic Scale Angelus (PSA) has an opening for a quality engineer in its Carr single use centrifuge business unit. PSA Carr is a rapidly growing business unit that has developed a line of single use centrifuges that can address bioreactor volumes from 4 L to 2000 L. Joining PSA Carr, you will be a part of a dynamic team that will support and enable the use of this enabling technology to create life-saving treatments in through bioprocessing.
- CAPA Process including
- Correspondence with customers
- Correspondence with subcontractors
- Root cause analysis
- Report writing
- Implement change control in the process
- Work with engineering to develop new techniques for single use manufacturing
- Trouble shoot new and existing processes including hands-on testing
- Development, maintenance and interpretation of KPI’s
- Write or update SOP’s based on current manufacturing practices
- Obtain feedback and approvals for key stakeholders
- Train others in the final cGMP/ISO documents.
- Work with subcontractors to:
- Identify and implement corrective actions
- Drive corrective actions to completion
- Trouble shoot manufacturing issues
- Experience with mechanical design & drawing proficiency
- Knowledge of Materials: Engineering plastics, injection molded polymers, stainless steel, aluminum alloys
- Experience in biotech product Mfg. & bioprocesses
- Familiarity of designing for ISO, USP, ICH biopharm device validation compliance
- Understand concepts in injection molded plastics, Mfg., production, inspection
- Have experience with statistical problem solving methods such as: Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, Pareto chart, Histogram with Cpk
- Understand Machine Design, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Vibrations, Thermodynamics Theory, Fluid control Pneumatic electro/mechanical assemblies
- Be able to interpret P&ID functional and electro/mechanical drawings
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience using Solidworks or other 3D drafting program
- Experience with cGMP and/or ISO compliant quality system
- Minimum BS Engineering
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.