Electrical Assembler - Pneumatic Scale Angelus - Clearwater, FL)
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Perform installation and wiring of electrical components on company produced equipment.
- Read and interpret complex wiring diagrams, specifications, and work orders to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions
- Assemble complex electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment
- Label, wire and connect switch boxes and control panel terminal boards from basic wiring diagrams
- Check wiring for proper coding and termination; check for shorts, grounds and continuity; report any design or print errors to supervisor and suggest corrective action
- Participate in testing of completed machines; diagnose and remedy electrical programs; suggest additional test protocol and help with the design and documentation
- Detect defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties; provide necessary documentation to drive corrective actions.
- Collaborate with other departments to remedy corrective actions or quality issues and to suggest design changes or improvements
- Assist as necessary to maintain proper flow of work through the assigned area; participate in training less experienced associates.
- Lead, guide, coach less experienced team members
- Review and prioritize shortages and report quality issues; communicate concerns and suggest corrective actions
- Complete necessary documentation to ensure quality and production requirements.
- Assist in generating and updating standard work instructions/procedures; train others on proper procedures.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.