Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. Recent scientific advances make it possible to reprogram cells in the body or replace damaged cells and tissues, creating a new class of medicines to treat a broad array of diseases. Sana are a team of scientists, clinicians and biotechnology veterans focused on creating an enduring company that makes meaningful medicines and will change how we approach treating disease. You will report to a Principal Scientist or Senior Director in in vivo Pharmacology.
What you'll do
- Execute preclinical in vivo studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and distribution of drug candidates
- Develop flow cytometry multicolor panel design, reagent assessment, staining protocols, instrument operation, cell sorting, data acquisition, and data analysis
- Expertise in designing mouse studies, developing ex vivo cell-based biological assays and expertise working with a diversity of mammalian cell types including cell lines and primary cells
- Calculate and coordinate test article needs, coordinate across multiple departments for study support such as ex vivo analyses (e.g. in vitro sciences and pathology) and procedural aid
- Create study reports including management of review and interpretation by partner scientists; finalize reports with close collaboration with senior leadership members and team members (I.e. statisticians, in vitro sciences PK/PD)
- Formally present study design and data interpretation at internal group, department or Project Team meetings and present externally at relevant scientific meetings
- Write or review study protocols, coordinating review and agreements
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior associates
What we're looking for
- PhD or equivalent in immunology, molecular biology or related field with 5+ years experience post-PhD
- Demonstrated expertise in cellular immunology, molecular biology and flow cytometry
- Hands-on experience handling, dosing, and performing tissue collections
- Experience with the 3R's and animal welfare regulations
- Expertise in accomplishing and analyzing experiments and participating in scientific research strategies in collaboration with lead scientists (e.g. pharmacology, bioanalytical, toxicology, and pathology)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required to manage multiple studies at different phases in parallel and track work and projects to meet timeline demands
- What will separate you from the crowd
- Hands-on experience developing and characterizing CAR-T cell products
- Proficiency in assays interrogating T cell function, such as cellular activation, proliferation and functional assays (i.e. killing, proliferation)
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.