Facilities Maintenance Technician
Aspen Neuroscience is adding a Facilities Maintenance Technician, to our team. We are looking for a skilled technician with experience in corrective and preventative maintenance of the building and equipment. The ideal candidate is eager to be part of a growing organization where they can use their construction and mechanical knowledge in a collaborative culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide routine building repair and maintenance support in areas such as equipment PM; minor plumbing, electrical, and refrigeration; and general cleaning among others.
- Installation, repair, calibration, and maintenance of equipment in both lab and office areas, and additional projects as assigned to support the business.
- Coordinate, escort and oversee the work of specialized maintenance contractors or OEM on more complex equipment interventions.
- 24hr response (shared) to equipment and facilities utility/environmental alarms.
- Accurately and regularly document maintenance activities.
- Support Facilities and Equipment Manager with projects assigned to support relocations/reconfigurations, storage/inventory, set-up and maintenance of facility services.
- Furniture and equipment assembly for manufacturing area.
- Perform daily building inspections to monitor the general operation and condition of equipment and facility.
- Proactively communicate, plan, and implement solutions in conjunction with the Facilities and Equipment Manager to resolve findings
- Strictly adhere to EH&S guidelines and policies to ensure safe operation of the equipment and systems.
- Comply with Good Documentation Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma is required
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a facilities technician or related work within the biotech industry
- Experience working in a GMP/cleanroom environment and completion of GMP documentation is desired
- Strong knowledge of routine building maintenance tasks including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, among others.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of typical maintenance tasks, including PM. General principles of engineering, operations and maintaining equipment and the tools and equipment required to perform many of the daily maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of cGMP and cGDP requirements and procedures predisposed to documentation of work performed and maintaining clean work areas.
- Ability to execute, document and communicate investigations into facility and/or equipment related issues.
- Ability to work both collaboratively with other departments and independently when needed.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility
- Sound knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledgeable in general safety practices.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing projects simultaneously.
- Must have basic computer skills including competence with Microsoft office
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Reliable and meets all required deadlines
General Office, Lab, cleanroom, and other areas of the building
This is an indoor and occasionally outdoor position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally encounter Biohazard and/or Hazardous waste.
Some cleanroom access is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. May occasionally need to climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facility and to access all the company equipment.
Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position will need the ability to type and use computer.
There work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodation maybe made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EEO and Employment Eligibility
Aspen Neuroscience is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Total Rewards and Culture
Aspen Neuroscience, Inc., located in scenic Torrey Pines, is noted for its collaborative and learning focused culture where each person is valued for contributing their strengths and energy to building a world-class line of products for patients in need. The company offers a competitive total compensation package, time-off in addition to Company observed holidays, Medical/Dental insurance benefits, onsite gym, and other wellness perks.