Service Engineer Manager
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Service Engineering Manager, you will take on a hands-on active role managing all activities related to operations and development of company products. You will work to build out the tools and processes to support 24/7 operations across laboratory and automated systems. You will collaborate with automation engineers and operators to help develop and implement corrective actions to maintain robust and reliable performance across multiple equipment and automation system types. You will work to conduct routine QC and calibrations on our systems and provide daily maintenance documentation and troubleshooting updates. You will work with equipment manufacturers and third-party services to coordinate onsite service and preventative maintenance visits. Effective communication and adaptability are essential to success in this position.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with an exceptionally talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape Eikon’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us and help make a difference!
You have a gift for keeping the factory humming and machines running. Your commitment to providing excellent service to your customer and looking around the corner and preparing for things that can fail is one of your superpowers.
What You’ll Do
- Follow best practices for keeping track of instrument failures using Jira ticketing system.
- Manage monthly CAPA (corrective and preventative actions) meetings, prepare pareto analyses, and work with functional teams to draw up plans to correct and prevent the most critical failures.
- Manage the hiring and training of service engineer technicians.
- Build a sustainable support and service organization that can meet the needs of our 24/7 screening operations.
- Work with the engineering team and vendors to identify critical components to keep in stock in-house to facilitate rapid repairs.
- Build a robust PM schedule to keep a wide array of instrumentation running on both automated and offline systems.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with end users on when equipment will available during service events and prepare reports detailing how an instrument was tested to be released back into service.
- Experience building and managing a team of Factory Service Engineers.
- 5-8 years related experience supporting laboratory automation or field service engineering
- Experience Implementing and maintaining a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience qualifying and deploying laboratory equipment
- Experience with performing maintenance tasks and qualification checks on integrated automation systems
- Experience managing support ticketing systems
- Experience supporting laboratory equipment and automation troubleshooting errors
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience creating, maintaining, and reviewing various SOP documentation for training and support
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing and monitoring uptime metrics
- Experience effectively communicating with and managing third party service providers and vendors
- You thrive in team environments, seek opportunities for collaboration and value team members success as much as your own.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.