Scientist DMPK (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro has a unique capability that enables new molecular entities to be designed using a hybrid of synthetic and recombinant technologies to create best in class therapeutics in the oncology and auto-immune disease space. Our portfolio includes antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific antibodies, cytokine derivatives and other novel immuno-stimulatory approaches.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for visionary, energetic and talented PK Scientist reporting into the VP, Preclinical Development. The individual designs, executes and reports PK-PD /TK studies in support of early discovery to first in human trials. They bring experience with working on complex molecules such polymer conjugated proteins, antibody-drug conjugates and small molecules. Fosters strong collaborations with Pharmacology, Medicinal and Protein Chemistry, Toxicology, Clinical Development and regulatory.
- Analysis and interprets PK/ADME data using Lixoft modeling and simulation software.
- Uploads raw and PK data into the data base.
- Identifies key questions and proposes stage appropriate experiments to address the issues.
- Integrates in-vitro, in-vivo PK-PD and ADME data to identify optimal properties.
- Establishes and manages CRO relationships as the principal investigator on studies.
- Participates in protocol generation for PK-PD and toxicology studies and advises on dose levels, dosing schedule, parameter selection, and BA requirements.
- Authors reports, regulatory documents (pIND package, briefing packages and relevant IND/BLA/NDA modules).
- Supports business development and patent applications with documentation and data and participates in due diligences.
- Ph.D. in the field of PK/ADME with a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant industry experience (biologics & small molecules).
- Publications in the field.
- Experience with regulatory submissions is required.
- Being resourceful is a requirement.
- Familiar with PK-PD modeling and databases.
- Proficient with PK software platforms including but not limited to PKanalix, Monolix, Simulix, SimCyp, and GastroPlus.
- A self-starter, curious and scientifically driven.
- Working experience with ADC, PEGylated molecules, and in immuno-oncology is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical methods such as LC-MS/MS and ELISA.
- Experience with TMDD and ADA.
- Experience with translation of nonclinical PK to humans.
- Familiar with relevant FDA and ICH guidance’s
Sound exciting? Apply today and join our team!
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Sutro will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability, or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
We look forward to hearing from candidates who are interested in exploring opportunities with Sutro! Our People & Culture team/hiring managers are unable to respond and do not accept solicitations from third-party agencies.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development, and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines, and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.