Site Environment Health & Safety Director
Provides Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) functional leadership and management to the McPherson site. Develops and implements a comprehensive EHS Program that is in compliance with Pfizer and regulatory requirements. Acts as a program and project liaison between Pfizer Global EHS and the site. Tracks environmental, OSHA and biological safety compliance, monitors performance and trends, and facilitates corrective actions as required.
- Establish strategic vision for the EHS Department and for the overall site EHS program.
- Implement and maintain EHS programs, projects and initiatives and strive for continuous improvement. EHS lead for process, facility and capital project reviews. Responsible for development and maintenance of systems for meeting regulatory/corporate requirements
- Assure EHS functions, resources and processes are appropriately integrated with operating organizations to provide alignment of EHS support and appropriate involvement on the part of other groups. May serve as liaison to Corporate task forces and other groups as appropriate. Consult with departmental and group heads on matters of EHS risks and management systems.
- Develop and ensure implementation of management systems to meet applicable governmental regulations and Corporate requirements; ensure inspection readiness. Maintain records and monitor programs to achieve compliance per above. Ensure completion of cGMP compliance and SOP training for staff. Develop and implement EHS training programs to meet EHS, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
- Works with other departments and projects to assure that capital and expense funding is available and utilized to meet EHS program plans at the site.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape for changes to local, state and federal EHS regulations that may impact site operations.
- BS/MS in Safety Environmental Engineering/Management, Industrial Hygiene or other related field.
- B.S. + minimum of 14 years of experience or M.S. + minimum of 12 years of experience in progressive technical management experience, preferably EHS or related field
- 7-10 years of supervisory experience.
- Certifications in CSP, CIH, PE or other related technical disciplines
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact. Relocation support available
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals or related field a plus.
- MBA or business experiences a plus.
Additional Position Details
- Last Date to Apply for Job: Mar 3, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Environmental, Health & Safety