Strategic Design & Operations Lead
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
The Digital Manufacturing (DM) Team’s mission is to simplify processes and experiences to drive Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) outcomes. DM is responsible for the digital transformation of all processes across shop floor, quality control, quality assurance, engineering, environment, health, and safety operations. Our programs are led by user experience and design thinking to understand the journeys that our PGS customers are working through daily. DM leads a focus on innovative technology implementation across PGS sites including a digital lean production system, sensors, Industrial Internet of Things, wearables, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality solutions. DM drives efficiencies inend-to-end operations by embedding predictive and prescriptiveinsights from artificial intelligenceinto our manufacturing, quality and cross-functional applications. Our team philosophy is “Do good work” and as per Pfizer’s Purpose Blueprint, “Win the Digital Race in Pharma.”
Experience Design & Business Adoption is a multidisciplinary team that supports Digital PGS solutions by using collaborative methods with a human-centered focus to ensure the best solutions are in the hands of our PGS colleagues.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Design Strategy & Operations to lead a practice that works cross-functionally to analyze, formulate, design, mobilize and drive strategic initiatives at scale. You will act as a mentor and thought leader for operational and organizational excellence on the Experience Design & Business Adoption leadership team, helping to build an inclusive and inspiring work environment.
In this role, you will define frameworks that flex as needs and constraints evolve, create clear and consistent cross-functional guidelines for opportunity framing, anticipate and synthesize cross-product considerations, and establish end-to-end standards that facilitate the transition between the vision and development of groundbreaking digital products.
The Strategic Design & Operations Lead colleague’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Align cross-functional stakeholders and maintain relationships with internal and external partners, driving a culture of collaboration across PGS & Digital Manufacture Pillars
- Provide strategic oversight and support on key initiatives
- Recommend and facilitate activities/methods to guide teams, partners, and stakeholders through ambiguous or complex project periods
- With input from PGS stakeholders, develop business and product requirements to frame exploration, prioritize needs, and manage milestones Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Lead the ongoing development and improvement of creative operational workflows, refining roadmap generation and developing comprehensive plans with both immediate and long-term goals and milestones
- Oversee planning enablement, user research, and delivery functions to drive seamless management, workflow, and resourcing of projects from intake through delivery
- Collaborate on scope and budget to ensure the necessary creative skills and roles are assigned and allocated at the appropriate levels to ensure the most compelling creative output is delivered
- Continue to evolve the people, and operational support model, as our team grows and matures, including team ceremonies and events, onboarding, culture, and belonging initiatives
- Maintain fluency in shared methods, tools, and software as well as maintaining working files and project directories for easier collaboration
- Manage and coach a multi-functional and multi-geographical team to improve collaboration and self-management, promoting healthy interactions both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or relevant field
- 7 years of Digital Experience with 3+ years experience in a Service Design, Human Experience taking products from concept to launch, incorporating user research findings into product design, with the ability to switch between low-level product details and high-level ecosystem needs
- Advanced proficiency in design operations, program management, and operations frameworks with experience implementing and iterating processes in real-time
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, domains, and geographies to promote user-centric product development
- Experience in resource forecasting and production scaling as needed
- Experience in helping build a scalable operations structure
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centric design principles
- Inspiring, empathetic, and people-first leadership approach that creates a supportive, inclusive, collaborative, and empowering team culture
- Enthusiasm, patience, and a solutions-oriented attitude toward any risks and challenges
- Comfort with ambiguity and complex problems
- Organized, able to act independently, and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with emergent technologies and how to apply them to different business challenges
- Ability to confidently present work and to accept or provide constructive feedback
- Experience utilizing Lean and Agile methodologies
- UX, HFI, SAFe or equivalent certification is highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing Industry experience is a plus
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Ability to manage many parallel objectives and changing priorities.
- Working with various stakeholders from multiple groups.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Other Job Details
- Last day to apply: July 1, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE