Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Chemistry
We are currently searching for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Chemistry to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures.
- Perform both routine and specialized laboratory procedures of moderate to high complexity on blood and body fluids in the Chemistry Service; including, but not limited to, specimen handling, specimen acceptability and processing, automated and manual chemistry assays, urinalysis, and blood gases.
- Record patient test results through a variety of data entry modes and retrieve information when necessary.
- Interpret results and relate them to the clinical history of the patient. Interact directly with patient care physicians in discussing the interpretation of test results and suggest follow up procedures, which may help answer clinical questions.
- Play a critical role in performing and adhering to Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Improvement (QC/QA/QI) policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as State and agency requirements.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and initiate or take corrective action to maintain instrument function and quality, including detection of reagent problems and equipment malfunction. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Identify the cause of common problems and mistakes and make simple repairs.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to safety procedures to minimize potential of hazardous spills or unnecessary contamination of the lab environment.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify senior staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Assist in performing inventory, rotating stock, and maintaining the necessary logs
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate and/or develop new techniques; perform comparative studies with older technology; perform evaluations to determine new guidelines.
- Comply with accrediting and inspection agency requirements; participating in activities associated with the laboratory accreditation process.
- Comply with all hospital and laboratory mandatory trainings and competency assessments.
- Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics, AND successful completion of a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time experience working in a clinical chemistry laboratory, or four (4) years of experience if working as a generalist with clinical chemistry duties included.
- Prior experience in mass spectrometry, HPLC, or protein electrophoresis preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Work will be performed up to 40 hours per week in 8-12 hour shifts per day. Work will be performed on a varied schedule per week and may include weekends, holidays, and/or shift work.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.