Senior Executive Assistant - Global Commercial Capabilities - Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Description: Senior Executive Assistant
As a key member of the Global Commercial Capabilities (GCC) team, the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) will be primarily responsible for complex administrative support activities supporting a GCC VP and Executive Directors/Directors for GCC. GCC is a newly formed team in 2020 and is primarily responsible for developing and strengthening capabilities across the global is partnership with cross functional teams. This role will work closely with the other Administrative Coordinators and Executive Assistants within GCC.
The SEAs administrative work assignments will be complex in nature requiring absolute discretion and confidentiality, as well as considerable tact, judgment, creativity and initiative in resolving issues. The SEA must also be able to manage multiple priorities in a continually changing environment.
- Proactively manage the executives calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring that VP and organization are appropriately represented at all forums
- Coordinate arrangements for and execute key tasks to effectively manage a variety of key business meetings while maintaining a keen awareness of and sensitivity to global time zones
- Schedule, coordinate, and track events reflected on VPs engagement plan, including All Staff meetings and special events
- Execute and coordinate certain special projects such as team schedules, team building and onboarding needs
- Coordinate domestic travel arrangements amidst dynamic business requirements
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executive's time free of minor detail work, including screening certain meeting requests
- Timely preparation and processing of expense reports
- Bachelor's degree OR
- Associate's degree & 4 years of Administrative experience OR
- High School diploma/GED & 6 years of Administrative experience
- Ability to project a highly professional image consistent with dealing with senior Amgen executives
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Senior Executive Assistants and Administrative Coordinators who support key business partners and operational activities
- Executive assistance experience in calendar management, domestic/international travel
- Ability to work with non-paper based media sharepoint, iPad, BOX, Teams etc. to ensure that VP has required pre-read and briefing material in a convenient format
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Flexibility amidst rapidly changing meeting and travel requirements
- Self-starter who can function autonomously
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills and knowledge of most Amgen systems
- Prepare meeting agendas and PowerPoint presentations for staff meetings as needed
- Positive, can-do attitude and team-centric approach
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.