Sr. Associate, US Contracts and Payments
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Associate, US Contracts and PaymentsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is hiring for a Senior Associate role in the US region to be a vital part of the creation of a U.S Center of Excellence (COE) designed to support contracting and payments between Amgen and members of the U.S. Healthcare Community and will be established in the Research & Development (R&D) Business Operations team within R&D Strategy and Operations. The team will support multiple functional areas, including Research and Development, US Global Affairs, US Sales and Marketing, Congresses & Interactions and Compliance.
- Maintain key relationships by communicating and collaborating with cross-functional partners such as Law, Regulatory and other Worldwide Compliance and Business Ethics groups, and the International Healthcare Compliance group.
- Review proposed arrangements via Amgens healthcare compliance operations system of record (C3).
- Support Amgen staff members with any related questions and/or concerns such as C3 system support,
- Draft contracts, contract amendments, and resolve any issues relating to contract negotiation or management to drive to contract execution.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents, financial reports and technical documents.
- Manage payment inquiries that are received via the HCC Payment Request mailbox from Amgen employees, Service Providers etc. Outcome may include further reviews, research and/or triage.
- Proofread, edit and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Developing & execute management strategies while finding opportunities to align, improve and re-design processes and tools.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is adept with these qualifications.
- Masters degreeOR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare environment preferred
- Experience working with healthcare providers and key opinion leaders
- Ability to prioritize competing interests and projects and manage a high volume of contract document requests
- Strong external customer service background
- Strong data analytics skills with experience in analytics software, (eg. Spotfire, Tableau, Smartsheet) as well as experience with document management applications (eg. Veeva), and portfolio planning tools and financial systems (eg. Planisware, SAP, MS Office and Projects)
- Knowledge of current and legally binding contractual language and terminology.
- Good understanding of purchasing and supply chain procedures.
- Good understanding of standard operating procedures (SOPs), healthcare regulations, and contracting legal principles
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.