Partnership Accounting Manager, US - Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will play a key role in the Partnership Accounting area and actively manage various large collaborations, profit share agreements and multi-national joint ventures. Candidate will have frequent interaction with cross functional teams and must demonstrate the ability to be able to translate business strategy into actionable plans and implement the partnership agreements.
- Responsible for implementing new agreements and developing processes to properly account for profit/cost share and cost recoveries.
- Responsible for reviewing partnership agreements and be able to interact with deal team, alliance management, legal and FP&A teams to interpret the agreement terms
- Manage the outsourced service providers to complete month-end/quarter-end accounting close process and prepare account analysis, variance analysis and management reporting package
Manage the outsourced service providers to ensure the invoicing and settlement processes are in compliance with the terms of the collaboration agreements
- Interact with a wide range of internal clients (FP&A, Alliance Management, Legal, Tax) and external partners and provide accounting support
- Provide audit support to internal and external auditors and mange financial audits, SOX audits and partner audits
- Take initiative, analyze current process and lead business review meetings. Be able to identify control risks and operational improvement opportunities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Finance professional we seek is an Accounting Manager with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Doctorate degree
Masters degree and 2 years of finance experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of finance experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of finance experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance experience
- 5+ years of corporate or public accounting experience
- CPA and Big 4 audit firm experience
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the standards that apply to Biopharmaceutical industry, including areas like R&D, Manufacturing, M&A, Licensing, etc
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and be able to bridge culture differences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills. Be able to work independently. Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong leadership skills, build teams, manage projects and identify operational risks
- Experience with SAP and BW, EDW, Blackline applications
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.