Cost Accounting Manager, US - Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Cost Accounting Manager, US - RemoteLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be a member of the Global Cost Accounting team that is responsible for the consolidation and analysis of the global inventory and cost of sales.Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform the inventory accounting for certain Amgen manufacturing sites
- Will be accountable to manage and review the work of an outsourced provider that supports this team.
- Perform and review sophisticated journal entries, general ledger account analysis, and reconciliation for both SAP and consolidation tools.
- Prepare and review audit schedules and answer questions from internal and external auditors.
- Preparation and review of highly developed financial schedules such as footnote, month-end flash reports, accounting memos, and other ad hoc schedules, as required by the supervisor.
- May lead and review accounting control functions and reporting requirements such as: inventory reserves, pre-approval manufacturing, standard costing including absorption tests, and excess capacity analysis among others.
- Special projects to improve accounting processes including digital projects.
- Consolidate, analyze, and report global inventory balances by product/site and perform detailed monthly variance analysis.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate Degree, OR
- Masters degree and 2+ years of experience in general accounting, OR
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience in general accounting, OR
- Associates degree and 10+ years of experience in general accounting, OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of experience in general accounting
- 5+ years of General and Cost Accounting experience using SAP
- Dynamic accounting/finance experience including corporate-level public company experience
- Experience in driving and implementing change, leading through collaboration, and influence
- Experience managing outsourced partner relationships
- Experience in financial system optimization, improvement, and implementation
- Knowledgable in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Foreign Currency transaction accounting and understanding concepts to translate into mentorship for financial reporting
- Experience in other functional accounting areas (i.e., intercompany, cash, investments)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.