Software Packing Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Software Packing EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for packaging and staging of the applications in SCCM/Workspace One/Intune/1E Shopping catalog for the Enterprise. You will be working on high visibility projects and play a key role in delivering on IS initiatives and optimizing the end user experience while maintaining the security of Amgen assets and data. .
- Produce functional high level best practice standard and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise production level.
- Apply specific desired settings using a variety of industry accepted tools with frequent low level custom scripting.
- Complete packages in a timely manner and responsible for Custom and in house type applications using Admin Studio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on 10 or other Window Server before the hand off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, or Microsoft ACT package shimming.
- Perform enterprise application discovery with experienced developers and inexperienced requestors to obtain requirements, settings and preferences.
- Deliver estimated package completion dates with regular activity, status and progress reporting for electronic delivery.
- Prepare, build, update and maintain a repeatable clean initial virtual machine base work environment from which to launch and initiate packaging builds.
- Automate the work environment to include the configuration of tools with necessary merge modules and additional specific company global settings.
- Create a high volume of conflict free, validated, advertised, rollback enabled, just in time, and error free restorable packages certified for delivery through the system configuration management server.
- Must have extensive scripting experience using CScript, WSscript, VBScript, and/or PowerShell.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (SCCM 2012 or higher preferred).
- Must have extensive skills with Windows Platforms and MDOP and MDT.
- Create deployment packages for custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Package applications and software updates using tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield or tools such as App-V Sequencer.
- Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
- Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry standard methodologies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Software Packing professional we seek is a Engineer with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Masters degree
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Software Engineer experienceOr
Associates degree and 6 years of Software Engineer experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of [Software Engineer experience
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry, and ability to query or modify settings.
- Extensive experience using Flexera Admin Studio, SCCM, and Install Shield required. Knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting essential
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment is desired, though not required.
- Experience working with third-party organizations responsible for the operational support of the service.
- Ability to impact and influence outcomes and to balance multiple priorities to build a strong network and relationships across IS functions and the business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while consistently demonstrating flexibility, resiliency, and resourcefulness.
- Proven experience in MS Office Suite & Collaboration tools, including development of advanced Excel spreadsheets, PPT, Teams and SharePoint
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Resourceful and proactive in capturing information and sharing ideas
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies and systems including ServiceNow
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Flexibility in supporting global teams
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.