Senior Director Global Commercial Development
Internal Medicine is an exciting and dynamic area with multiple assets in development across a number of disease states. The Senior Director Commercial Development CV/MET role will shape the future of a diabetes and obesity pipeline that has the potential to deliver important medicines to millions of patients worldwide.
This role isresponsible for leading commercial interests for the pipeline assets in diabetes and obesity focusing on the phase 2 assets in the GLP-1 program. This role will also set the long-term strategy for diabetes and obesity and will be the key interface to WRD, GPD, Medical, PHI, Regulatory and all partner functions on new asset ideas, holistic early asset strategy, and endorsements by TRIAD.
- Determine the optimal strategy for the GLP1 franchise including selecting the priority asset, indication, and product profile to advance to phase 3 development.
- Lead the cross-functional commercial team in asset valuation in order to secure funding for the phase 3 development plan
- Make appropriate strategic and investment recommendations to TRIAD, PSI and Pfizer governance bodies.
- Lead the cross functional commercial sub-team with activities in strategic planning; market development; pre-launch planning; and commercial assessments of early pipeline assets.
- Play an important influential leadership role across the cross functional team to foster a strong, collaborative partnership culture with critical partners including Research, Development, Medical, Regulatory, PGS, and PHI. Co-lead the cross functional teams with frequent communications to ensure strong contributions by all functions.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience in marketing, strategy, new product launch, or strategy consulting
- Experience in leading Marketing and/or Commercial organizations is preferred.
- BA/BS required.
- Prior Commercial Development experience highly preferred
- Prior in-line marketing and product launch preparation including pre-launch positioning and market development highly preferred
- Experience in leading high performing cross functional teams and developing a collaborative culture highly preferred
- Experience interfacing with external alliance partners highly preferred.
- Experience in long term strategic plan development and execution required.
- Experience representing opportunities/brand plans to senior leadership required.
- Hands-on experience leading financial valuation, forecasting, business proposal and/or other related projects required.
- Experience interfacing/collaborating with Research, Development, Regulatory, and PHI required.
- Experience and comfort making decisions with limited information required.
- Strong sense of initiative and creativity highly preferred.
- Ability to create a vision for new assets and inspire others preferred.
- Advanced degreepreferred.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Last Day to Apply: 06/27/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE