Change Parts Designer - PSA Clearwater, FL
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is for a Change Parts Design Engineer who will design customized tooling in a fast-paced environment that serves the packaging industry. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and self-motivated designer who can apply their knowledge to diligently achieve established goals. The position requires innovation, execution of specific work orders, and frequent travel to packaging plants to support to our customers. The ideal candidate will be able to use proven base concepts to adapt designs to fit unique challenges. They will have industry experience and be innovative. The position utilizes state of the art manufacturing techniques, top of the line laser scanners and a great support team with global interaction.
- Continuous Improvement of procedures and product design
- Plan and conduct assignments. Review progress and report results.
- Work with internal and external customers to define action plan.
- Recommend changes in procedure.
- Project/task time estimation
- Operation of engineering specific equipment such as measuring instruments, laser digitizer, 3D Printer, PC Applications, and CAD.
- Candidates need to possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and team members.
- Accountability for personal performance
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include project installation and customer support (frequency about 25%).
- CAD Experience
- 2 years mechanical engineering experience
- 2 years packaging industry
- Associates (or equivalent experience)
- Mechanical Engineering
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.