Process Scientist- Downstream Investigations
Regeneron is currently looking for a Process Scientist for our Process Sciences Downstream Investigations team with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. This position will have a strong focus and Mechanistic Modeling, Computational Applications for Chromatography Processes, and/or data analysis and integration. The Process Scientist will be part of team that provides critical support to clinical and commercial manufacturing teams. This team provides scientific investigations and performs small scale studies related to production processes for biological drugs and intermediates.
As a Process Scientist, a typical day might include the following:
• Develop complex modeling techniques for chromatography processes and strategies for applications of such models to improve processes and solve problems.
• Participate in new technology initiatives and continuous improvement projects
• Perform root cause analysis for manufacturing investigations related to downstream biologics manufacturing processes (Chromatography, Filtrations)
• Draft study protocols and author study reports for scientific studies
• Design studies, including DOE, conduct small-scale lab operations, perform statistical analysis of data, and present results in cross-functional meetings
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for manufacturing downstream operations, data analysis and manufacturing support activities
• Working knowledge of protein characterization assays that will be used to make sound, technical recommendations to Mfg from small-scale studies
• Support development of statistical process control and modeling tools for manufacturing investigations and manufacturing process control
This role might be for you if you:
- Enjoy working in teams and collaborating
- Have lab skills in protein separation, filtration and purification
- Are interested in scale-down model development
- Enjoy Advanced Modeling, Programming, Design of Experiment, and advanced statistical analysis
- Are comfortable with process statistics and modeling
- Are comfortable with word processing, spreadsheets, database management, graphing, and advanced presentation
- Have sound project management, interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills and experiences
- Can be flexible with changing priorities and comfortable with ambiguity
To be considered for a Process Scientist position you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. For various levels you must have the following:
Process Scientist: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field
Sr. Process Scientist: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field and 2+ years of relevant experience
Experience in the biopharmaceutical field is preferred. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.