Senior Research Associate, Gene Editing Platform Discovery
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
Graphite Bio seeks a motivated Senior Research Associate to join our join our energetic and collaborative Gene Editing team. This team operates cross-functionally within R&D to further the advancement of Graphite Bio’s innovative pipeline. The Senior Research Associate will contribute to the development and expansion of Graphite Bio’s next-generation gene editing platform based in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPCs). This individual is expected to make both intellectual and hands-on contributions to early-discovery activities at Graphite Bio as well. A strong background working with primary mammalian cells is essential. Experience working with various CRISPR systems plus stem-cells and differentiations preferred.
What You Will Do:
- Culture and edit primary HSPCs using nucleofection and viral transduction
- Characterize the levels of editing by flow cytometry, ddPCR, and NGS-based assays
- Utilize molecular assays, such as western blotting, ELISA and other fluorometric assays to evaluate protein expression/activity and cell-biology
- Analyze data and present results in cross-functional team meetings
- Work collaboratively within the Gene Editing team and across other functional teams at Graphite to achieve scientific goals and meet company timelines
What You Will Bring:
- B.S. degree preferably in life sciences with 3+ years of in-depth mammalian cell culture experience
- Expertise and hands-on experience with primary mammalian cell culture, stem-cell experience is a plus
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and analyzing flow data with FlowJo
- Experience developing cell-based and/or molecular assays
- Knowledge of gene editing techniques such as CRISPR-Cas9, viral vectors, HSC-biology, differentiation, and in vivo engraftment studies are a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to simplify complex biological concepts to peers
- Comfortable working in a dynamic research and early-discovery environment, as well as collaborating with peers on multiple projects at once
What Graphite Will Bring:
At Graphite Bio, we are intentionally building a community that is inspired, diverse, and curious. For this role, and all roles, we seek someone who is:
- Determined. You share our mission to bring curative gene editing to patients. And you know the need is urgent.
- People-focused. You prioritize relationships. You value differences and are an excellent listener.
- Adaptable. You seek solutions, even when things change. You prefer to find your way to “yes!”
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our strength is in our differences. Our goal to build a diverse and inclusive team began on day one, and it will never end.
All company employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine. Requests for an accommodation/exemption for medical or religious reasons, as well as under applicable state law, will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with applicable law.To all recruitment agencies: Graphite Bio does not accept agency resumes or applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Graphite Bio employees. Graphite Bio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or applications.