Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.Job Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I/II to join our Biology team and contribute to the development of our muscle disorder pipeline. The position requires daily lab work and precise documentation, contributing high-quality data for pre-clinical drug development. The ideal candidate will be proficient in cellular and molecular biology techniques, demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication and be a strong team player.
.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and perform experiments, analyze data, and interpret and report results
- Develop and optimize biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology methods as needed
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members and across departments
- Keep detailed and accurate records, present data in verbal as well as written form
- Work with supervisor to prioritize work
- Provide training to new laboratory staff
- Perform other duties as required
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or related disciplines, new college graduate or 1-2 years of experience in related industry
- Extensive experience in cell culture is a must
- Experience working with iPSC, cardiomyocytes and/or myoblasts is a plus.
- Hands-on lab experience with the following techniques: RNA isolation, qPCR, ddPCR, Western blot, molecular biology
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and GraphPad Prism
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with little to no supervision, work well in teams, and ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment with a diverse team of coworkers
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail in research, reliable, organized, excellent record keeping
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one station to another, or from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 10, 25, 50 pounds.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or legs.
- Repeating motions of fingers (typing and/or writing).
- Operating machinery or equipment. [laboratory equipment, manual pipettes, copiers, etc.]
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Low temperatures.
- High temperatures.
- Noisy environments.
- No adverse environmental conditions expected.
- Exposure to general laboratory environment conditions.
- Exposure to general office environment conditions.