DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
DNA Script is looking for an Office Manager to join our team in South San Francisco. You will provide general support for the office, perform administrative finance tasks, manage day-to-day facilities, and play an integral role in driving company culture. This full-time role requires you to be in the office daily.
- Be the first point of contact for visitors, candidates, and others who visit the office
- Monitor and manage office supply stock and purchases including office supplies, breakroom snacks, and other purchases as applicable.
- Support the finance team by onboarding vendors, creating new items, issuing POs, managing invoices and packing slips.
- Manage the corporate credit card program, and handle accounts payable (invoice entry).
- Perform relevant month end close tasks and work with internal stakeholders to ensure processes are smooth (there’s always room for improvement)
- Manage vendor relationships with our facilities, cleaning, and other non-lab maintenance vendors to keep the office clean, safe, and ensure everything is in good working order.
- Liaise with the property management company to ensure we have enough access badges for visitors and new hires, playing a role in on-boarding and off-boarding employees, and alerting the building to any issues and following up as needed.
- Handle office papers, mail, and phone calls.
- Work with other admin staff to coordinate office events such as company meetings, holiday planning, happy hours, and other team off-sites.
Please note that this role is approximately a 50-50% spilt between office management and finance tasks. We’re happy to teach the right candidate, but you must be motivated and want to learn more/do more. Office hours are approximately 7AM-4PM.
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 80% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Visio interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks