Customer Service - Pneumatic Scale Angelus (Clearwater, FL)
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
WE ARE SEEKING A HIGH ENERGY, SELF MOTIVATED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TO JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM IN CLEARWATER, FL!
For more than a century, Pneumatic Scale Angelus has been recognized as an industry leader in the global manufacturing of high-speed packaging equipment. Our diverse product line includes rotary can seamers, liquid fillers and bottle cappers serving the beer, carbonated soft-drink, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. We are a subsidiary of the Barry-Wehmiller Company which is a $2+ billion multinational organization with over 8,500 team members world-wide. We are proud of our people-centric culture and offer a unique opportunity to join a great team.
Our Customer Service Team is the backbone of our company providing service and support to our customer install base. You will be responsible for a variety of daily activities including providing parts quotes, entering orders, conducting research to identify machine components, coordinating support calls with our technical team of engineers and making outbound phone calls to maintain healthy relationships with our clients. This is an entry-level position that will provide the foundation for growth opportunities within the company which include but are not limited to outside sales, project management and manufacturing leadership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the company’s primary point of contact for incoming customer phone calls and e-mails
- Generate quotes, enter orders and work with the technical support team to answer customer questions in a timely manner
- Following up on quotes…inquiring if and when the customer plans to purchase the items quoted along with answering any questions they might have about the proposal
- Be a customer advocate as it relates to order delivery requirements and provide status updates on our progress
- Work with all internal departments to ensure the customer receives superb customer service from start to finish
- Assists in the resolution of customer claims and ensures resolution of customer complaints following department policy
- Maximize each customer interaction to grow the business and promote Pneumatic Scale Angelus products and services
- No travel required…this is an inside position working from our facility in Clearwater, FL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering, or technical degree with proven industry experience preferred.
- Entry-level position
- Some technical background is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and build customer relationships
- Conducts oneself in a professional and customer-centric fashion
- Goal oriented and driven to become an impactful contributor to the business
- Excellent negotiator with the ability to persuasively articulate a value offering
- Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude pertaining to machine applications
- Proficient organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interface with a variety of plant personnel from different disciplines
- Willingness to accept a challenge and inclined to take initiative
- Self managing and ability to execute sales strategies
- Creative thinker and eager learner
- Detailed oriented, technically adept and computer proficiency, i.e. experience with MS Office Products, CRM packages, AutoCAD viewer, etc.
- Bilingual preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.