Senior Corporate Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance
At Recursion, we call our G&A teams “accelerators.” More than a re-label, the term reminds us all that these people aren’t just necessary, they are force multipliers, removing obstacles and developing resources the rest of the company use to do their best possible work. Our Legal team is no exception: you might not be inventing a new compound, but you’ll be directly impacting our ability to make it happen faster. You will accelerate others, and be celebrated for it because Recursion is a company where people in every role and every level make the bold bets that create large leaps forward on a regular basis. We live and breathe scale. We do "transformative" every day.
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today.
What is often surprising to new Recursionauts (yes, that’s a real term we use every day) is the appetite for change they find at every level and team. As part of the legal team, your ideas and innovative thinking will be embraced because it helps us all achieve our bold ambition to decode biology to radically improve lives.
You’ll be joining Recursion at an interesting time, both for the company and for the world. The global pandemic has reinforced in everyone’s mind not only the importance of therapeutics, but also the critical value that accelerating every phase of drug discovery can provide. For most, the notion that “patients can’t wait” is abstract; COVID-19 has made this concept all too real for millions, even billions, worldwide.
Recursion has been purpose-built to do things that have quite literally never been done before, making your work feel more like a “calling” than any other job you’ve ever had before.
***This position is available in Salt Lake City, UT, California or Remote
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead the preparation and coordination of various periodic report filings pursuant to the ’34 Act, including Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Form 8-Ks and proxy statements;
- Lead the preparation and coordination of ’33 Act filings, including registration statements;
- Effectively manage and work collaboratively with securities and corporate outside counsel;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with finance, research and development teams and other cross functional groups to identify and craft appropriate disclosures;
- Support securities transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and public/private offerings.
- Develop policies, trainings and practices relevant to your work, and drive the relevant company-wide training sessions; and
- Grow with the company’s needs, which may involve offering legal support across a broad range of topics, including contracts with third parties, diligence efforts, supporting strategic partnering collaborations and employment matters.
The Team You’ll Join
- You will be joining a dynamic and growing team of 5 attorneys and 3 other legal professionals. The legal group is based primarily in Utah and California, but also includes and is open to remote work.
- You will have an important role in the strategic planning and implementation of processes and procedures across all departments, with support from the whole legal team and other stakeholders.
The Experience You’ll Need
- JD degree from a well-respected law school with membership in good standing in a state bar
- Experience in a national law firm and in-house general corporate experience, including M&A, venture capital, and securities compliance (in particular, SEC and stock exchange compliance, as well as ’34 Act and Section 16 reporting)
- Corporate governance experience at a high-growth public company (a plus)
- Attention to detail, with excellent communication, analytical and project management abilities
- Accountable, dependable and self-motivated for continuous improvement of company templates, policies and processes
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, early-stage company environment, with the ability to work independently and apply good business and legal judgment in assessing compliance issues
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working cross-functional relationships
- Practical, creative, and proactive problem-solving skills
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
Recursion requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.