HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of the Patient Support Services (PSP) product team which delivers technology services and solutions that achieve strategies and business goals including insights and analytics on the Pulse Service platform.
This position is responsible for crafting secure, scalable solutions on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) Platform working with other Platform/Product Owners, Architects, and within the broader technology team to develop features applying core system components. The candidate will contribute to development of the PSP Platform at Amgen. You will stay abreast of the Salesforce roadmap and capabilities, provide feedback, and develop standard methodologies using SAFe and development best practices.
Do you have a passion for our mission to serve patients and for innovative technological solutions? This is the perfect opportunity to combine both. You will collaborate with various teams applying a DevOps model to continuously improve our PSP platform. Your work will directly benefit the support we deliver to our patients.
- Recommend strategic technology solutions that align with patient services strategy and achieve the greatest business impact.
- Handle day to day development activities on the salesforce.com platform using Apex, Visual Force, Lightning Web Components and Aura
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery
- Model data structures aligning closely with health cloud and service cloud objects.
- Apply standard methodologies and experience to build Salesforce.com applications
- Understand Salesforce security and apply the Organization-Wide Default, sharing patterns, profiles or permissions to your applications
- Communicate software and system designs using UML.
- Collaborate with team members to apply abstractions and service-orientation to foster scalability
- Develop Test classes and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Work closely with other developers in the team including business analyst, QA analyst and project managers
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide a gap analysis
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The enthusiastic professional we seek is a developer with these qualifications.
Bachelors Degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Programming experience
Associates Degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Programming experience
High School Degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Programming experience
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field
- 2+ years of experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web services, Apex, SOQL, Aura, Lightning Web Components, Visual Force, Visual Studio Code, IDE, Data Loader, Reports and Dashboards
- 4+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements capturing to release management
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Amazon Connect.
- Salesforce, AWS and/or AGILE Certifications
- Industry experience with software development of Saleforce.com
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability, and performance improvements
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools and technologies
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.