HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will doLets do this. Lets change the world.
This position reports into the Package Engineering group under CPO (Combination Product Operations) in Thousand Oaks, California. This position will apply engineering principles to implement the accurate design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary Packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes. The position entails interpersonal, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the opportunity to work in teams and adapt to constantly evolving environment.
- Support for testing and evaluation leading to recommendation and selection of primary and secondary packaging materials for both large and small molecule products
- Perform distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Complete testing standards using ASTM, ISO, TAPPI, USP and EP.
- Writing of test protocols, perform technical evaluations and testing to support reports used to uphold the use of selected materials and packaging components.
- Writing Technical Specifications and Bill of Materials
- Build, modify, and approve engineering drawings using AutoCad, Solid Works or similar software application.
- Support line trials and packaging validation activities prior to introduction of any new or change in components/processes
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a individual with these qualifications.
- Masters degree in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering OR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of engineering/scientific experience
- BS Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences
- 3+ years general packaging/engineering experience is strongly preferred
- Familiar with distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Familiarity with ASTM, ISO, TAPPI, USP and EP testing standards.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary packaging systems and material science is critical to the position.
- Strong organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to constantly evolving environment.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with proven skills working in teams or leading project teams
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and spectacularly improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.