Territory Sales Manager - Specialty, Dayton, Ohio
Urovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urological conditions.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
The Company's current area of research focus is Urological disease. Urovant Sciences is currently investigating treatments for OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as well as an earlier stage gene-therapy for OAB in patients who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy. Urovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd., intends to develop novel treatments for additional urologic diseases. Learn more at www.urovant.com.
The Specialty Territory Sales Manager will be the face of Urovant Sciences to our customers. Each territory will be covered by a single Specialty Territory Sales Manager reinforcing a performance-based environment of ownership and accountability. You will be responsible for managing a territory and establishing deep and meaningful business relationships based on your clinical and market dynamic expertise while aligning with Urovant's mission, vision and values of advancing urologic care through bold innovation while operating with integrity, compassion and achievement through collaboration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve and strive to exceed sales objectives through efficient and impactful selling skills, call planning and territory management. Continually focus on growing Urovant's product market share base by closing for new business in both new and existing accounts prioritized on market potential.
- You must demonstrate an exceptional level of clinical expertise (product/competition/disease state) and understanding of the evolving healthcare landscape. Our culture encourages a growth mindset which is open to coaching and continual learning.
- Assess and analyze product/competitor trends and market dynamics at the territory level. Thoughtful planning, purposeful action and utilizing your available resources in a compliant manner will be core to driving sales results in the territory.
- Proactively provide candid, constructive and collaborative communication with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Market Access and other Urovant teams.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (including call reporting, sample management, expense reports, training modules, business plans, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Travel is required throughout the territory. Overnight stays may be required including meetings which may extend over several days (on occasion may include weekends) and require work during evening hours and/or overnight stays.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 2 or more years pharmaceutical sales experience required; Urology experience preferred
- A proven, consistent and documented track record of top ranked sales performance (ideally top 25% of the nation) is required
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experienced preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of market access formulary positioning, including pull-through and push-through is highly preferred
- A proven and documented track record of applied clinical knowledge, healthcare landscape knowledge and critical thinking skills are required
- Must display a professional presence, strong work ethic and ability to quickly identify and accelerate sales trends and offset challenges
- Consistently operates in a manner which demonstrates and instills trust and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Ability to comply with customer institution access requirements
- 20% or more overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned territory
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver's license
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Urovant Sciences is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US and Global employees as a condition of employment, subject to legally-recognized accommodations.