We are currently looking to add a Business Analyst to our IT Team!
We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team. In this role, you will play an integral part of the Microbiologics IT team. The Business Analyst is responsible for driving key company process/technology projects through the entire project lifecycle of feasibility/scope, business requirements definition, design/vendor selection, development/implementation and support and closing phases of the project involving business processes, change management and technology solutions.
The Business Analyst is a change agent tasked with creating and delivering value on IT initiatives working closely with business stakeholders, the Corporate Systems Architect, and the Business Applications Team.
What can I expect in this role?
- Establish a Feasibility Assessment/ Scope for proposed company change initiatives that involve business process/technology.
- Gather and document detailed business requirements through interviews and discussions with process owners, SMEs, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders including users, SMEs, Corporate Systems Architect, Business Applications team, and consultants to translate business requirements into technical specifications consistent with enterprise architecture, IT Project process and industry best practices. Create project plans and hold team accountable to deliver against the plan managing key project constraints such as Scope, Resources, Schedule, Budget (P&L), Quality, Risks, and Issues.
- Transition the initiative to the Business Applications team for Design, Development, Implementation and Support while being a stakeholder to reflect and support the customer business needs.
- Work with the Business Applications team to ensure a design or vendor selection meets the needs of the customer and business requirements.
- Establish a communication plan, including moderating internal meetings; stakeholder status updates; and other communications as required during the project.
- Manage and balance business stakeholders’ and client expectations regarding schedule, cost, and scope.
- Articulate the pros and cons of alternative approaches to stakeholders with a focus on value.
- Develop and oversee quality assurance testing including validation plan and validation report to ensure project scope and terms and conditions are met.
- Partner with users and the IT team during all phases of projects to accurately document, test and implement required system features.
- Drive enterprise technology adoption efforts through improvements to user-interface, user training and sharing best practices to enhance overall user experience.
- Keep up to date on enterprise application (NetSuite, Salesforce, etc.) functionality including changes well to related third party applications by attending conferences, seminars and reviewing product release notes.
- Create training documentation and process diagrams for existing and new business processes.
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional and the IT teams to develop a “joint” vision in support of the systems.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
What can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business.
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience as Business Analyst working with a major ERP system.
- Experience working with NetSuite ERP or Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to gather business requirements and execute projects.
- Demonstrated skills with functional design and technical design.
- Experience with Visio or other business process definition tools.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and basic SQL skills.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.