Technical Support Scientist
We have a full time Technical Support Scientist position available supporting our team open in Saint Cloud, Minnesota. In this role you will work Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team – someone who wants to provide technical service to support Microbiologics products to our internal and external customers.
Some of your responsibilities in this role would include:
- Providing technical service to customers both internally and externally
- Documenting the receipt, response, and resolution of all customer complaints as they relate to product performance following release and distribution
- Maintaining familiarity with Microbiologics’ product inserts, technical literature, and current regulations and requirements for quality control such as CLSI, USP, AOAC, and ISO standards
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of various Industry Standard tests, product guarantees and product packaging to provide guidance and answer customer questions
- Maintaining knowledge of a wide variety of microorganisms and their general requirements and characteristics
- Assisting with investigations on any alleged deficiency on product quality or performance using customer specific methods and Microbiologics’ laboratory methods, managing multiple complaint investigations at one time to ensure timely responses and resolution
- Assist with Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) as assigned
- Assisting with Quarantine of Product and disposition (Halt Disposition), working with Tech Support Specialist or Manager as needed
- Maintaining records of recommendations for product enhancements by customers
- Performing laboratory testing for investigations and special projects
- Keeping current with Microbiologics’ laboratory procedures
- Assisting with coordination of product recall activities
- Assisting marketing with technical questions and writing of blog posts
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
What can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
Where is this position located?
St. Cloud, Minnesota
On a map, Greater St. Cloud looks like a group of Central Minnesota communities with the Mississippi River winding through, somewhere between the bright lights of Minneapolis and the starry nights of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
Sure, we’re that, but that’s just geography. We are the regional center for commerce, manufacturing, research, healthcare, arts, entertainment, and education. We boast bustling downtowns, major businesses, and good jobs. We have tranquil, diverse neighborhoods, with a cost of living well below that of urban settings. But when urban is what you want, we’re only about an hour from everything the Twin Cities has to offer.
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four-season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent school options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Four (4) year degree in relevant field (e.g., biology, microbiology, virology, cell biology molecular biology, food science, bioengineering).
- One (1) year of practical microbiology and/or molecular laboratory experience required, two (2) years preferred.
- At least one (1) year of Customer Service experience in retail, sales, or clinic setting preferred.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.