Director / Franchise Insights Lead - Business Analytics & Insights - Oncology
The Director Franchise Insights Lead BAI Oncology role will proactively lead the strategic partnership with a single Oncology franchise (either Precision Medicine/RCC-IO or Hematology/Biosimilars), and other commercial and enabling teams, to ensure the delivery of high-quality strategic business decision support, including making recommendations on investment decisions, commercial strategies and tactics across both inline and pipeline assets. This role will serve as the primary relationship manager to the senior global and US leadership (VP Level) of the relevant franchise, accountable for leading development and delivery of market analytics initiatives. With management of a team of three-to-five (3-5) globally located BAI colleagues, the person in this role will ensure successful execution of all analytics projects relevant to the franchise.
This Director will act as strategic partner to frame, investigate, and answer key business questions globally and ensure that these questions are addressed in all relevant analytics and insights plans. These plans will include performance measurement, customer analytics, customer journey development, customer data mining and market research, as needed to uncover insights.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join BAI colleagues worldwide that are constantly supporting business transformation through their proactive thought leadership, innovative analytical capabilities, and their ability to communicate highly complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.
Inform business strategies through leadership of Actionable Insights
- Provide business analytics leadership to US and Global teams within a specific franchise within the Oncology BU (either Precision Medicine/RCC-IO or Hematology/Biosimilars). Act as strategic partner to frame, investigate, and answer key business questions related to their global strategies and tactics. Provide analysis, insights, and strategic recommendations to support the growth of Pfizer’s Oncology portfolio globally
- Clearly communicate insights to a range of internal stakeholders and Pfizer leadership teams to broadly inform key decision makers
- Lead coordination of epi and trend-based forecasting efforts for LRF/OP/LE for the franchise, working cross-functionally forecasting and finance team members as necessary
- Serve as BAI point of contact for commercial and enabling function franchise leadership while building and sustaining strong collaborative working relationships
Provide leadership to the Business Analytics and Insights team
- Set a vision and provide day-to-day leadership, supervision and development of a team of three-to-five BAI colleagues
- Take full accountability for the delivery of BAI services to the relevant Oncology franchise, in collaboration with Business Partners and COEs
- Lead analytics prioritization and direct implementation of insights projects and efforts for all colleagues
- Manage budgets associated with assigned activities, ultimately achieving team budget targets
- Lead LRF and OP forecasting activities for the franchise
- Ensure effective performance measurement and deliver regular assessments of portfolio performance to leadership
- Accountable for team meeting compliance and Corporate SOP obligations of all PMR projects
- Identify need for and direct workload of flexible resource
- Be accountable for continuous improvement and identification/utilization of new capabilities to maximize the competitive advantages of the business
Provide input to the larger Business Analytics and Insights community
- Actively contribute to advancement of BAI capabilities through thought leadership; seek to share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues through best practice and idea sharing
- Identify opportunities for using creative and more efficient data gathering methodologies
- Build and sustain strong collaborative working relationship across BAI, including global and regional colleagues; lead dialogue with local analytical teams to adapt global strategies to the local markets
- Alignment with other BAI teams to ensure cohesive activities with our stakeholders
- Partner with other analytic functions (e.g. BAI data science and related CoEs) to advance the use of novel data sources including RWD
REQUIRED BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of strong multi-discipline analytical experience, with a preference for experience in the pharmaceutical industry, investment banking, management consulting, business development, or commercial roles; 8+ years in a customer analytics & insights function
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, deal with ambiguity, and lead teams through complex and challenging cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain relationships with senior-level clients to ensure analytics are proactively matched to ongoing business needs
- Experience leading and achieving results through matrixed organizations and/or direct leadership of colleagues
- Proven ability to connect, integrate and synthesize analysis and data into a meaningful ‘so what’ to drive concrete strategic recommendations and enable commercial decision making. Capable of describing relevant caveats in data or in a model and how they relate to business question
- Experience in deriving insights and analytics across most pertinent stakeholders, lifecycle stages, and regions, including HCP, patient, early pipeline, launch and in-line assets across US and Global regions
- Previous demonstrated experience of forecasting revenues, partnering with CoEs to evolve forecast methodologies to improve accuracy and utility, and using forecasting to guide pipeline/development investment decisions
- Exceptional understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Extensive experience in management of secondary data. Knowledgeable about study design and able to assess vendor technical capabilities
- Experienced in budget management and resource allocation
- Advanced degree MBA with 9 years’ work experience
- Life Sciences experience
- Previous Pfizer BAI experience
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other job details:
- Work Location Assignment: Hybrid office/remote
- ~10% travel which can involve some international travel
- Expected to occasionally lead and/or participate in early morning or evening meetings to accommodate Asia-Pacific and European time zones
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research