Director, WRD, PGS, and Emerging Support Operations
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
The Global Quality and Support Ops team, which is part of Analytics and Data within the Chief Digital Office is responsible for the Operation, Maintenance, and Enhancement of all data and analytics tools and platforms across the enterprise – from scientific/clinical to commercial and for all Pfizer countries.
The Director of WRD, PGS, and Emerging Support Operations will run a team of 4 colleagues and approx. 30 contractors in support of a portfolio of applications within GPD, R&D and PGS that are critical to all clinical/ pre-clinical, and supply chain operations. He/She will do so with a focus on Service Reliability engineering to ensure both stable operations and continuous improvement within the portfolio.
The Director will be on the front lines of all emerging technology and digital products in development within the broader A&D organization. He/She will design and run the intake of all new technology into the support portfolio and accelerate the successful stabilization and maturation of products into a Managed DevOps service as to allow Engineering towers to advance to new products.
- Accountable for Service Operations and Delivery for Global WRD Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions & Services within the Analytics and Data function, worldwide
- Manages and sets stakeholder expectations and operates as the main point of contact on all Digital and Technology related matters for area of responsibility.
- Ensure alignment across the Digital and Technology organization and service providers – effectively utilizing the Digital and Technology organization
- Effectively lead and facilitate meetings with clients, vendors, and stakeholders, and conduct productive technology project team status/review meetings
- Manage escalations from the managed service provider for the Regional Portfolio including communications with team and business partners/customers.
- Prepares and delivers operational status updates and communicates relevant Digital and Technology related information to key stakeholders.
- Budget / Financial management
- Continuous outreach/sensing of the products in development within A&D
- Participates in architecture governance, and influences tool selection with insight into scalability and supportability
- Owns intake and certification of technologies approved for lower cost DevOps support
- Design support model for the leading-edge technologies being leveraged across A&D engineering towers
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and engage others to define an appropriate approach and deliver results.
- Design and deploy processes and analytics to improve team’s operational efficiency and streamline the technical landscape.
- Keep track of any and all activities such as system health, behaviors, cost efficiencies, speed, and any other useful data that will allow the identification of potential issues before they disrupt operations
- Drive Application rationalization and modernization to reduce local applications to the absolute minimum. Identify opportunities to decommission applications or move to Regional /Global solutions.
- Partner with Solution Delivery and Solution Engineering leads to define and implement supportability requirements and manage the transition of products/solutions into long-term support.
- Collaborate with platform and infrastructure support teams to ensure Data Ecosystem health: capacity, stability, performance, availability
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Electronics, Electrical, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- ITIL foundation
- 10+ years of service management experience, leading support and project teams within technology functions
- Substantive understanding of multiple hardware and software platforms for web / business application technologies (AWS, Windows / Linux OS, SQL Server / Oracle / Snowflake DBMS, Java / .NET)
- Substantive understanding of business intelligence reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, and SQL
- Experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery and deployment tools (Github Actions, Jenkins) and experience working with other DevOps tools like JIRA, Confluence, Github.
- Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operations; preferably in a biopharmaceutical environment
- Highly organized with a demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking, branding, and product / services positioning.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; adept at presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Experience developing clear communications on complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding BI technology and delivery methodologies
- Experience leading in a global environment, and effectively influencing stakeholders within various region and cultures globally.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working and influencing in a complex matrix organization
- Portfolio Management
- Project (Solution Delivery) Management
- Supplier/Vendor Management
- Knowledge of common enterprise systems
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech