Supplier Governance Sr Mgr
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Supplier Governance Sr MgrLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Supplier Governance Senior Manager role within Global Development Operations (GDO) supports Amgen sponsored clinical trials globally. In this vital role, reporting the Director of R&D Supplier Governance, you will provide key input into strategy, support programs and study teams, provide oversight of key suppliers, provide regular communications to senior management, participate in key initiatives and partner with internal customers and suppliers for process improvement.
We support our clinical trials around the world. Come join an exceptional team that delivers for our study teams and our patients!
Potentially up to 20% travel domestic and/or international.Responsible for:
- Facilitating and executing supplier governance meetings and operating reviews
- Supporting business functions with evaluation, selection and startup of suppliers
- Collaborating with business leadership, typically up to and including VP
- Identifying business needs at Amgen for new suppliers and services with functional input
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitating supplier strategy discussions with stakeholders and ensure business needs are met
- Working with suppliers and Amgen stakeholders to identify process improvements and coordinate their development and implementation
- Assisting with standardizing and aligning clinical trial execution across supplier types
- Supporting adherence to best practices by Amgen functional areas
- Lead and contribute to complex departmental and cross-functional initiatives and special projects as identified by management or business need
- Assisting in research and assessment of new and emerging technology
- Ensuring robust cross-functional collaboration/communication
- Facilitating mentoring, training, and career development of direct reports
- Supervising evaluation, qualification, selection, and oversight of suppliers
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of Clinical experience OR Masters degree & 6 years of Clinical experience OR Bachelors degree or & 8 years of Clinical experience OR Associates degree & 10 years of Clinical experience OR High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Clinical experience
- Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA/BSc in the sciences or RN
- 9 years work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 6 years of biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- Experience working with and/or oversight of clinical research suppliers (e.g. CROs, central labs, Imaging , eCOA, IRT, etc.)
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working in a global, matrix organization
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), FDA regulations and guidelines, and international regulatory requirements/guidelines
- Project management/project planning experience
- Proficiency in anticipating and resolving problems
- Experience writing and presenting clearly on scientific and clinical issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, supervisory skills
- Professional collaboration and leadership skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.