Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Manager: Director, HR Engagement and People Success
Department: Human Resources
Location: Brisbane, CA or Point Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
This role offers an exciting opportunity assist in building the culture, engagement, and success of Sangamo employees. The Sr. Manager of DEI is responsible for collaborating across the organization to develop a shared vision, mission and multi-year strategy. They will interact with a broad audience of stakeholders to influence program design, implementation, and improvements from a DEI perspective. This position will increase the company’s reputation by having a positive impact on our employees, stakeholders, communities and the environment that is well aligned to its business strategy, creates significant business impact, and results in the attraction, retention and engagement of all employees.
If you are results-driven, can thrive in a fast-paced environment and are skilled in leading and influencing across all levels, join us and play a critical role in evolving our culture and diversity initiatives.
- Develop and implement a sustainable Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy that enhances our culture and work environment.
- Partner with HR team to ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are embedded into all talent management initiatives using appropriate data resources: recruiting, identification and development of diverse talent, succession planning, leadership development, and people development.
- Work collaboratively with the executive leadership team to set and advance strategic priorities related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Partner with employee resource group leaders and executive sponsors to lead and execute DEI strategies, objectives and generate broad opportunities of involvement for the organization.
- Attend conferences and identify trends in internal and external environments to gain perspective on strategic solutions that drive success.
- Analyze data to understand areas of need and effectiveness of improvement strategies.
- Develop and disseminate diversity, equity, and inclusion communications.
- Serve as the corporate Diversity and Inclusion thought leader and key advisor on all DEI matters.
- Provide input and advocate for DEI resource needs to reach DEI goals.
- Work on special projects in support of HR initiatives that support the company priorities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize work, and adaptable to various competing demands.
- Demonstrates the highest level of customer service while modeling Sangamo’s values.
- Ability to lead and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Collaborative relationship builder who is comfortable leading and facilitating discussions.
- High level of cultural competence and cultural agility.
- Excellent public speaking ability and strong written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion along with a reputation for integrity and dedicated work ethic of accountability.
- Energetic, inspiring, positive, proactive change leader.
- Team player, willing to adapt based on business needs.
- Skilled in building excitement and influencing behaviors at all levels which support in creating a more inclusive work environment.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.