Director, Supply Chain
Urovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urological conditions.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
The Company's current area of research focus is Urological disease. Urovant's lead product, GEMTESA® (vibegron) tablet, is an oral, once-daily (75 mg) small molecule beta-3 agonist approved by the U.S. FDA in December 2020 for the treatment of adult patients with overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and urinary frequency. GEMTESA® is also being evaluated for the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH). Urovant's second product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Urovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd., intends to develop novel treatments for additional urologic diseases. Learn more at www.urovant.com.
Reporting to the SVP General Manager, with a dotted line to VP, Supply Chain, this role will be responsible for all aspects of supply management inclusive of planning, sourcing, logistics and supplier relations in support of Urovant's clinical and commercial products. Project management of multiple initiatives related to supply chain management. The incumbent will work closely with R&D (Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs), CMC, Commercial and Quality.
The ideal candidate will be a professional with an outstanding record of accomplishments in Supply Chain. Digital planning tools and technology implementation is a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively manage CMOs production schedule of starting materials, API and drug product, purchase orders and materials tracking
- Develop and implement raw material purchasing plans to mitigate supply risk to include back up sources of supply.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for qualified commercial suppliers.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key suppliers and coordinate ordering of materials, timely deliveries and import-export licensing as needed
- Responsible for facilitating the development, maintenance, and adherence to Supply Agreements of critical raw materials.
- Develop and manage logistics infrastructure between vendors
- Report monthly inventories at all suppliers
- Key supply chain representative for Supplier Change notifications.
- Communicate to key internal stakeholders short- and long-term starting materials, API and drug product ordering plans, timelines, and supply risks.
- Key supply chain representative for S&OP meetings to align on the business objectives and forecast with Commercial, Finance, and CMC team.
- Support and engage with external partners (out licensees and/or distributors)
Candidate should be able to travel, including internationally, for at least 20% of time, depending on business needs.
The employee must conduct their work activities in full compliance with defined expectations, including Urovant Science's internal requirements, GMP and ISO, and all other applicable health authority. Urovant Sciences, Inc. internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements, and objectives.
This document describes the major responsibilities of the job. It does not include all aspects of the position, such as the potential additional duties assigned by management, and the requirement for flexibility in assisting others for the company's overall benefit.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of operations or clinical & commercial supply chain management experience preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- 5+ years of developing, leading, and executing strategic plans and/or projects
- Master's degree in relevant Pharmaceutical Sciences or the equivalent
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to lead and execute complex projects to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills in dealing with large and complex sets of data and complex planning models.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with good presentation skills and familiar with various cultural styles when communicating with international suppliers.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and function with a “roll up the sleeves” approach.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter who can work independently and can prioritize tasks and work on several projects and assignments at the same time
- Good communication skills, (both written and oral) including presentations to Senior management and external audiences and experts
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of cGMPs for pharmaceutical development and clinical operations
- Advanced understanding of office application including MS Office (Excel, PowePoint, Word, Outlook)
- Experience managing multiple priorities based on changing business needs is essential.
- Must possess strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and planning
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with technology deployments and use of digital planning tools
- A commitment to collaborative teamwork, and the maintenance of a professional culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Self starter and ability to work across time zones
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Urovant Sciences is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US and Global employees as a condition of employment to the extent permissible under federal and state laws and subject to legally recognized accommodations.