Technician I or II, Warehouse (Day Shift 6AM - 6PM; Rotational 2-2-3)
- Receives, inspects, labels, and securely store all incoming materials.
- Records all inventory movements accurately and contemporaneously in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Delivers and properly documents all incoming QC samples.
- Supports manufacturing work order and/or KANBAN material requests.
- Coordinates the movement of finished product, released raw material, returned mfg/pkg components and kitted componentry through proper according to production schedule.
- Supports the secure and proper storage of internally manufactured products.
- Process Material Destruction Orders (MDO's) on a monthly basis to ensure accurate inventory management and proper destruction of expired and Rejected materials.
- Facilitates hazmat and temperature sensitive shipments.
- Stays current on all training requirements, including; departmental SOP's, Work Instructions and general site procedures and policies.
- Completes weekly cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Supports TR&D and QC Laboratory material requests.
- Completes daily report for communication between shifts.
- Safely performs all tasks associated with the loading and unloading of carriers.
- Operates Powered Industrial Vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains general good housekeeping and organization of materials within assigned work space.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma.
- 2 years of pharmaceutical or other relevant related warehouse material handling experience.
- Prior experience with KANBAN system preferred.
- Forklift certified.
- Proficient with ERP system management.
- Basic Microsoft office skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Physically able to lift and move materials (up to 50 lbs.) safely.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain a professional work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve. Additionally, Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.