Director/Senior Director, Corporate Development
Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The Director/Senior Director Corporate Development, will develop strategies and integrated execution plans that achieve clearly defined business objectives, focusing on structuring Corporate partnerships or collaborations in R&D development, sourcing, and identifying licensing or M&A opportunities.
You will establish partnerships with a range of key contributors including, but not limited to, technology and digital platform companies, academic research centers, healthcare service organizations and others that are key to achieving our mission of accessibility, adherence, and exceptional patient care.
- Develop, lead, and implement a cohesive strategic plan for global business development with a focus on platform, academic research centers, health services organization partnerships. The strategic plan will include clear business objectives, measurable performance targets, concrete plans and tactics, and an executable framework for prioritizing opportunities within the context of Freenome’s mission.
- Lead and implement the full partnership development cycle, including opportunity identification and prioritization, market research, needs analysis, presentation of partner-centric solutions, negotiation and contracting, implementation, milestone achievement, and delivery.
- Analyze industry dynamics, evaluate new opportunities and technologies, and assess the competitive landscape to define partnerships that can be formed to support Freenome’s key initiatives; develop business models to analyze deals and performance.
- Work with Freenome’s leadership to explore, frame, and operationalize partnership strategies, including acquisitions, partnerships, investments, licensing agreements, and other strategic growth opportunities.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure organizational understanding of partner requirements and how these are integral to Freenome’s objectives.
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Undergraduate degree and an MBA or other advanced scientific degree and at least seven years of business development experience
- Strong scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), proteomics, oncology, molecular diagnostics, and machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate innovative, value-creating deals and a track record of success outlined in your Deal Sheet
- Proven success in developing comprehensive strategies and executing integrated plans to achieve performance targets, along with the consistent ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to each opportunity while moving fast to make an extraordinary impact for Freenome and its partners
- Work collaboratively and effectively as a team member with all internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Established network across the biotech landscape; strong customer focus with the ability to effectively and quickly build relationships built on trust, respect, and results-oriented communication
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across a range of forums and mediums. Proven abilities in presenting complex scientific data and information in a manner that is understood by the audience, while ensuring it is relevant and compelling
- Resourceful in finding ways to achieve what is needed with a “can-do” and “make it happen” mindset that delivers results and inspires others.
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts