Sr. Associate IS Engineer -Platform/Integrations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Specialist IS Business Analyst
LiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking a Platform/Integration Engineer to join our team to advance Amgens Pharmacovigilance (PV) platform and supporting technologies. The outstanding candidate will be a key member in the team to deliver solutions using standard methodologies in Agile. The incumbent partners in crafting and implementing IS solutions for Global Patient Safety.Responsibilities:
- Partner with project/product teams to ensure agile software delivery
- Responsible for maintaining version control of the solution source code including their use, function, processes, and procedures (GIT to ensure release consistency)
- Part of project/product team, willing to jump in and do programming/code-reviews as required. Some hands on programming (SQL/Scripts) is encouraged.
- Partner with IS and Business customers to ensure solution delivery of solutions following SDLC practices.
- Research PV capabilities and supporting technologies as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
- Participate in technical implementation aspects of projects including planning, architecture, design, development, and testing to follow IS Change Control and GxP validation process
- Work closely with the delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with approved architectural and development guidelines
- Responsible for supporting and leading technical root cause analysis and works with vendors to resolve PV systems related issues
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The techno-functional professional we seek is a dynamic individual with these qualifications.Masters degree
Bachelors degree and 2 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 6 years of relevant experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevantPreferred Qualifications
- Experienced in database programming languages, data modelling concepts, including Oracle SQL skills and PL/SQL
- Hands on experience in supporting operating systems such as (Windows, Linux)
- Working knowledge of cloud services from AWS (eg. EC2, RDS, S3)
- Experience with Version Control systems (Gitlab) and branching/environment strategy, etc.
- Familiar with API integrations such as MuleSoft
- Working knowledge using one or more general programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, Python, shell scripting (Windows PowerShell/Unix)
- Knowledge of Pharmacovigilance Platforms (for example Argus) is a plus or other safety database
- Understanding of operating system/database tools for performance and solving issues
- Knowledgeable of Agile project methodologies and working in Product Teams by using JIRA
- Understanding of 21CFR Part 11 regulations, change control, GxP validation is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Sharp learning agility, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Good data-driven problem solving and analytical skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robustCareer Profilefeature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you clickApply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit ourInternal Transfer Guidelinesfor more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.