Senior Executive Assistant
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Executive AssistantLive
What you will doJob Description
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is looking for an administrative professional to join our team as a Senior Executive Assistant. The role of the Senior Executive Assistant will perform a variety of complex administrative activities to support one or more Vice Presidents and/or team members within Global Regulatory Affairs & Strategy.
- Proactively handle the executives calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring that VP is appropriately represented at all forums
- Prepare the VP with pre-read and briefing documents in advance of daily meetings
- Provide administrative support to functional governance teams/committees, including document preparation, management and archiving; meeting coordination; and SharePoint support
- Organize arrangements for and execute key tasks to efficiently lead a variety of global business meetings utilizing WebEx and Telepresence technologies
- Coordinate more sophisticated services (i.e. large complex meeting logistics, confidentiality agreements, scientific and medical conference logistics, corporate event planning bi-monthly, quarterly or annually)
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise events reflected on VPs engagement plan, including All Staff meetings and special events
- Arrange domestic and international travel arrangements midst dynamic business necessities
- Collaborate candidate recruiting and requisitions, new hire on-boarding/off-boarding
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executives time free of minor detail work, including screening and advising incoming calls and correspondence
- Timely preparation and processing of expense reports
- Collaborate closely and partnership with functional SPO
- Connect with Executives (draft, format and distribute communications)
- Lead staff which may include bi-weekly 1:1 meetings, workload balance and prioritization, coaching and mentoring
- Continuously improve the administrative services including proposed process improvement
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The admin professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.
- Associates degree & 2 years of Administrative experience OR
- High school diploma/GED & 4 years of Administrative experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or other regulated industry
- SharePoint online design and content management
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.