Sr. Director, Commercial Strategy
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urological conditions.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
The Company's current area of research focus is Urological disease. Urovant Sciences is currently investigating treatments for OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as well as an earlier stage gene-therapy for OAB in patients who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy. Urovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd., intends to develop novel treatments for additional urologic diseases. Learn more at www.urovant.com.
This position reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for the development and execution of the Global Brand Strategy for our urology pipeline, including our novel gene therapy URO 902.
The role works closely with the global development teams and will lead the brand team (GBT) working closely with medical affairs, market access, regulatory and regional marketing leaders, market insights to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable strategic and tactical plans to optimize the launch and commercial success of Urovant urology products. This is an opportunity to work with Urovant and contribute to the company global expansion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of the go-market strategy for vibegron and URO902
- Develop strategic and tactical plan in collaboration with the global development and brand teams
- Lead the Global Brand Team.
- Partner with global regulatory teams to develop country launch sequency and timing.
- Lead market assessment and development of commercialization plans for vibegron and URO902 and future pipeline products.
- Build a global brand including concept/category nomenclature development, competitive analysis, and global segmentation, brand positioning, verbal and visual branding development for pipeline products.
- Lead message platform development to drive disease awareness and education efforts in OAB and GT unmet need and improved in time diagnosis
- Design and implement multi-channel communications and programs
- Drive global market researches to define objectives to understand and provide insights into launch preparation efforts as it relates to the global market landscape for OAB and other indications
- Lead competitive tracking efforts to keep the team current on emerging competitors and related data and positioning
- Partner with new product planning analysis team to generate initiatives and strategy and feed them to the development programs
- Liaise with Regional teams to coordinate execution and ensure local insights are integrated into global materials/ core brand assets
- Close collaboration with International finance head to determine marketing and business budget and forecast
- Manage agency partners on market research efforts, creation of marketing materials, and channel strategy for optimal execution of communication materials
- Drive development of disease awareness and marketing materials through the medical, regulatory, legal review process and integrate feedback accordingly to ensure compliant execution
- Interact with key opinion leaders, the patient community, and other relevant stakeholders such as our centers of excellence in collaborations with Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy and Opinion Leader Marketing.
- Manage timelines, budgets, and resources: includes ensuring timelines, budget, and resources square up to commercial and corporate objectives
- Contribute to the overall build of Urovant International operations and capabilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferable in a life science; MBA, or advanced degree, preferred
- 6-8 years' experience in a strategic global marketing role in a biotech environment. Global product launch experience a plus
- Experience in US and EU life science markets
- Experience with gene therapy products (desired)
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Ability to consolidate large amounts of data and information to communicate the big picture and drive to actionable results
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, smaller-company environment
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Enthusiasm for working in an innovative, science-driven environment
- Ability to think strategically and operationally; analytical and solution-oriented
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple time-zones by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships to strengthen decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel overseas
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Urovant Sciences is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US and Global employees as a condition of employment to the extent permissible under federal and state laws and subject to legally recognized accommodations.