Senior Pathologist - Boulder, CO
Inotiv, Inc., is a pharmaceutical development company providing contract research services and monitoring instruments to emerging pharmaceutical companies and the world's leading drug development companies and medical research organizations. The Company focuses on developing innovative services supporting its clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment. The Company’s products focus on increasing efficiency, improving data, and reducing the cost of taking new drugs to market.
The Senior Veterinary Pathologist - Discovery Services reports directly to the Senior Vice President- Discovery Services with responsibilities centered around providing histopathologic evaluation and interpretation of nonclinical experimental discovery and toxicological samples and data, demonstrating scientific leadership, and participating in client/sponsor communications to ensure client satisfaction. The Senior Veterinary Pathologist works as an integral part of multiple teams, providing guidance on scientific and technical issues related to study execution, requiring both independent and team-based problem-solving skills. A high level of personal initiative, determination to expand both technical skills and knowledge, organization, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and outstanding customer service are required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record and interpret microscopic findings in animal tissues from GLP and non-GLP non-clinical studies, including exploratory, efficacy, and safety assessments; interpret animal anatomic pathology data; describe findings of histochemical, immunohistochemical, or other molecular tests in experimental non-clinical samples; perform detailed measurements and cell counts; and integrate microscopic findings with image analysis data.
- Work directly with pharmacology teams to develop, refine and interpret In vivo disease models across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Author comprehensive technical reports within the required timeline.
- Serve as a primary investigator, adhere to GLP regulations and enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s) in accordance with GLP standards for regulated studies.
- Attend and/or supervise sponsor’s procedures including surgeries and necropsies, interpret gross findings in animal tissues.
- Perform internal and external peer reviews.
- Collaborate and/or consult with clients, consultants, study directors, study toxicologists, and regulatory officials to ensure study integrity. This may include reviewing protocols, experimental designs, or external data/reports for consultation based on scientific and pathologic expertise.
- Serve as a resource for colleagues and collaborate with internal technicians to provide pathology expertise and assess quality of tissue sections, and histochemical or immunohistochemical stains.
- Support the image analysis team by assisting in the creation and validation of image analysis algorithms, providing appropriate oversight of data generation, and drafting or reviewing image analysis reports.
- Support internal process improvement projects and contribute to the training and educational development of colleagues, and develop area(s) of expertise
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars
- Conduct all work under applicable regulatory agency guidelines; read, review and comply with company SOPs, company best practices and company policies.
Education and Experience:
- D.V.M., V.M.D., or equivalent degree from an ECFVG-AVMA Listed Veterinary College
- Board certification (anatomic) with the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP)
- Veterinary pathology (anatomic) residency training that includes experience in comparative or laboratory animal pathology
- Research and/or non-clinical experience
- Five years of work experience post DACVP or equivalent
- Strong computer skills: proficiency with standard platforms (Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.); data entry
Salary minimum: $220,000 annually, plus sign on bonus and relocation assistance if needed
Inotiv offers a full benefits package. Apply directly at Inotivco.com.